Caching Maps for the Vision App for IOS or Android?

Reaction score
In the "Find My Vision +" setting in the mobile app - how do you cache the maps so it shows your location and the bird superimposed on the map? Otherwise it is just a blank grid with your location and the bird?

You will need to cache the maps of the area you are flying prior to starting a mission. To cache a map, as soon as you get to your location open your Phantom App and enable the Ground Station setting and then open your camera and swipe the screen to open the GS map, by using your providers network internet connection (do not change to Phantom wifi yet) it will allow the maps to load and cache of your area. Once completed then close out and then change your Wifi settings to the phantom and proceed on as usual.

If you like you can supply the internet connection via Bluetooth share... I use my nexus 7 connected to Bluetooth to my phone for internet share... Works well to get maps :) be aware blue tooth runs over 2.4ghz could cause interference with video stream

dwjs1974 said:
If you like you can supply the internet connection via Bluetooth share... I use my nexus 7 connected to Bluetooth to my phone for internet share... Works well to get maps :) be aware blue tooth runs over 2.4ghz could cause interference with video stream

There's a great idea. My Nexus 7 is WIFI only, so I can't load maps in the field, otherwise... :)

Tanx...

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1