Cached Maps - How many square miles

Reaction score
Trying to figure out how many square miles I can cached maps and at what level of detail. Is their some place that show you how much memory has been used?

Thanks

Can you give us more details? What device are you using and what are you attempting to do?

Id love to help you, but I dont run Apple products and not planning to. If it was Android, Id be able to help you.

Thanks, yea thats what I'm trying to figure out. Is their a memory buffer in the App?
Like I said, I see no noticeable difference in my iPad's memory. I've used my map & looked at places hundreds of miles or more from where I am, gone to those places using the map with no issues. And found no more usage on my iPad memory.

Last edited:
I cached a football field at a university 45 miles away with no problem at all.

Like I said, I see no noticeable difference in my iPad's memory. I've used my map & looked at places hundreds of miles or more from where I am, gone to those places using the map with no issues. And found no more usage on my iPad memory.

Yes, I get what you are saying. What I'm trying to figure out is their a memory buffer in the App itself? When does it get full and when do cached maps start to get written over?

Try going to settings > general > storage & iCloud usage. A list of your apps and their usage will come up. You can manage your memory there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl