Cache non gps tablet

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting iPad mini 2 wifi to use with P4, how would I cache maps before I go out as it won't have gps or am I just being stupid ?

With the Go App, I think you will need to be somewhere near the area you plan to fly. Power up and idle while connected to Internet. Zoom in, Zoom out around your flying area. Then turn off. Maps should be cached. Don't quote me on that, but works great with Litchi from anywhere.

Enable cache map option in Go App, then in this app, at home, tap on small map window to full screen and position to the area you will fly real. And zoom and scrill all directions around the area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Unconnected but I'm using my Samsung s4 at mo and every time I switch it on the map is always in Nigeria, what's that all about ?

Unconnected but I'm using my Samsung s4 at mo and every time I switch it on the map is always in Nigeria, what's that all about ?
That sounds like your phone is starting up with all zeros for its location perhaps?
0°00.000N 0°00.000E is a point about 600 kilometres south of the coast of Ghana or 800 km SW of the coast of Nigeria in the Gulf of Guinea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20