cable from GoPro to Transmitter to use GoPro as FPV signal?

Reaction score
Ive got the fathshark teleporter and as you can see in the first picture the video cable that comes from the minicam and plugs into the transmitter is 5 prongs wide. The cable I bought on ebay in the second picture to use the gopro signal as your FPV source is only 3 prongs wide. Ive searched far and wide looking for a cable that should be able should be able to go from the GoPro at a tight 90 degree angle that can plug into the transmitter. Do these not exist? I know I probably could chop up the original cable but I want to keep the original intact in case I want to go back to using the fatshark minicam. I know I know some people have said don't use the GoPro for FPV signal because it might lock up but I wanted to try it and see if it did it or not and save some potential weight. Does the cable I speak of exist and if so, can you point me in the right direction? Am i missing something glaringly obvious here, I cant be the first person to have this problem?

Attachments

• upload1.jpg
    upload1.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 592
  • upload2.jpg
    upload2.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 557
Re: cable from GoPro to Transmitter to use GoPro as FPV sign

I'm using the same ReadyMadeRC cable but plan to take video from the internal board next time I crack open the case. The cable I'm using now is my second - and connected to my second GoPro. I was flying around trees in the back yard and misjudged my clearance. The gimbal came loose and the GP must have fallen on the side with the connector. It smashed the cable connector body and broke the miniUSB receptacle in the GP. Haven't tried to revive the old GP yet.

Most FPV setups only need video-in and ground from the GoPro, which you typically get from a custom mini-USB cable that supports the extended 10-pin connector of the GoPro with a resistor in line to trigger video-out. It looks like you've got the USB side covered, so here all you really need to do check your documentation to see which pins are video out and ground, and rearrange the terminals in the servo housing (if needed) and plug it in. You can shave off the extra orientation ridges and latches if they get in the way. You can even remove the 0.01" terminals from the servo housing and plug them directly to the pins on the FPV. In short, you've likely got everything you need right there to get your FPV working, without needing to buy anything else.

I probably have a similar USB cable to yours, I eventually got sick of how thick the yellow/black sheaths were and made my own wires.

ZIeEQsW.jpg

I have a cable with 2 prongs from my gopro and a transmitter with 5 pin, but it works perfectly, just plug it in the 3 pin connector on the far left side (near the power connector)

Bencio said:
I have a cable with 2 prongs from my gopro and a transmitter with 5 pin, but it works perfectly, just plug it in the 3 pin connector on the far left side (near the power connector)
did you shave off the hooking latches of the gopro cable.

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
Bencio said:
did you shave off the hooking latches of the gopro cable.

I'm not sure I understand your question, so i'll show you my setup, the cable is the one included with my gimbal.
You can see i scrached the connectors to have references on how to connect them

the second connector is for power up the gopro, i don't use it, i have 3 gopro battery so i don't need it, i also read that it can fry the gimbal electronics.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 507
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 490

if you look at my original second picture of the wrong gopro transmission cable i bought, the one with 3 prongs that is yellow and black, i agree even though it is 3 prongs and the fatshark transmitter is 5 prongs and should just be able to hook it in anyways to the left side of the fatshark transmitter, it has a clip on top of it meant to hold it together. I can probably just shave it off since the cable is only 5 dollars and I dont have any use for it anyways.

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
if you look at my original second picture of the wrong gopro transmission cable i bought, the one with 3 prongs that is yellow and black, i agree even though it is 3 prongs and the fatshark transmitter is 5 prongs and should just be able to hook it in anyways to the left side of the fatshark transmitter, it has a clip on top of it meant to hold it together. I can probably just shave it off since the cable is only 5 dollars and I dont have any use for it anyways.
i always shave the latches off if they don't fit. I do mark the top side on both male and female because I know I won't remember which side is up if I disassemble it months down the line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.