CAA UAV Pilots license..get your company to pay

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm relaying this information as it might help others with regard to getting a CAA/FAA UAV pilots licence so they can fly and make money from the UAV etc.

In the UK and a lot of US companies I know offer a 'Personal Development' scheme whereby monies is allocated to an employee who wants 'develop' skills.

I did this yesterday for my company. I work for an Internet Security company (coding etc) and asked for a CAA (UK) UAV pilot license. They said yes, no problem!

The course is around £1500 (which I could not afford), so they will pay for it. It seems many companies would allow this, as in my case, IT, there is some overlap in tech, i.e. wireless, 2.4Ghz, even risk assessment (part of the theory course), so as long as someone can put a business proposal there maybe a good chance they might give it the okay.

Worth a try, good luck.

Reactions: Skylark
Two hopes of that working at my place................Bob and No.
Sorry about that, my work place is as tight as a fly's arseh*le but for some reason they approved it, won't work for all companies I know...

Hi,

I'm relaying this information as it might help others with regard to getting a CAA/FAA UAV pilots licence so they can fly and make money from the UAV etc.

In the UK and a lot of US companies I know offer a 'Personal Development' scheme whereby monies is allocated to an employee who wants 'develop' skills.

I did this yesterday for my company. I work for an Internet Security company (coding etc) and asked for a CAA (UK) UAV pilot license. They said yes, no problem!

The course is around £1500 (which I could not afford), so they will pay for it. It seems many companies would allow this, as in my case, IT, there is some overlap in tech, i.e. wireless, 2.4Ghz, even risk assessment (part of the theory course), so as long as someone can put a business proposal there maybe a good chance they might give it the okay.

Worth a try, good luck.
Have you decided where and with which outfit you will choose to do this. It's exactly what I would like to do but as I have just retired, Miss Piggybank will have to cough up!

Have you decided where and with which outfit you will choose to do this. It's exactly what I would like to do but as I have just retired, Miss Piggybank will have to cough up!
A copy of companies, one is UAV Academy at Glos Airport, 3 day course (will need to pay for hotel, or sleep in the car). Its a PfAW license as well, and even if you don't want to make money with the P3 or any other drone, apparently (with permission) you can fly within 50m of a building, without a license its 150m.

Reactions: Skylark
A copy of companies, one is UAV Academy at Glos Airport, 3 day course (will need to pay for hotel, or sleep in the car). Its a PfAW license as well, and even if you don't want to make money with the P3 or any other drone, apparently (with permission) you can fly within 50m of a building, without a license its 150m.
Interesting! Wonder if I can get a retraining grant through the govt to pay for it...lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik