CAA information for New Zealand UAV flyers

Reaction score
Our Civil aviation Authority has come up with a great little web site and campaign to encourage UAV pilots touse some common sense. I think this is a great initiative . No draconian rules or "OMG we have to stop these things". Just encouraging people to do the right thing.

That's how we do things in NZ. No armed police, no confrontational security guards.

https://www.airshare.co.nz/

If there's an example of common sense somewhere, then we're in trouble in the US.

Wow from the other side of the ditch (oz) our rule is also rule 101 looking to change to rule 102 .. but when I read NZ it doesn't really mention they will hang or castrate you if you fly for commercial gain .. which I really think is b.s. rule that no one is really following as I know plenty of people getting paid in real estate photograph without the relevant pilots license you currently require here in oz.
Well I guess the only thing you kiwis are concerned about that noone flys into a sheep. (Lol) in house joke :D

There has been talk about using drones to round up sheep in some of the wilder areas. Sheep probably react better to the drone than that Kangaroo in the recent video, punching the Phantom out of the sky.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20