CAA Dronecode

Reaction score
So the UK CAA has released a 'Dronecode':

The Civil Aviation Authority launched its Dronecode to simplify the rules regarding drones.
■ Make sure you can see your drone at all times and don't fly higher than 400 feet

■ Always keep your drone away from aircraft, helicopters, airports and airfields

■ Use your common sense and fly safely; you could be prosecuted if you don't

Drones fitted with cameras must not be flown:
■ within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings or structures

■ over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts and sports events

Now I can see the sense in most of these but not to fly within 50 metres/150 feet of buildings or structures? How are we supposed to get footage 150 feet away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the UK CAA has released a 'Dronecode':

The Civil Aviation Authority launched its Dronecode to simplify the rules regarding drones.
■ Make sure you can see your drone at all times and don't fly higher than 400 feet

■ Always keep your drone away from aircraft, helicopters, airports and airfields

■ Use your common sense and fly safely; you could be prosecuted if you don't

Drones fitted with cameras must not be flown:
■ within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings or structures

■ over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts and sports events

Now I can see the sense in most of these but not to fly within 50 metres/150 feet of buildings or structures? How are we supposed to get footage 150 feet away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should be added: "That are not under your control"
- If you manage to close the area, get authorisation from councils, landowners and control the people in it, you can film them as close as you want. ie: you are shooting a big budget production.
- If you apply for a CAOSC to the CAA (Congested Area Operating Safety case), and succeed...
For all of this, you need to be a qualified remote pilot, being a professional structure with commercial permission to operate from the CAA.
If not, well... you're stuck to the 5 points you mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31