CAA/BNUC-S with a P2V+ (2.4GHz vs 5.8GHz)

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering doing the BNUC-S course but have learnt that the CAA had temporarily banned the 5.8GHz birds for a while for commercial work. I've tried to read up on it but have struggled to bring all the info together in a coherent manner despite reading the recent study here http://arpas.co.uk/a-practical-study-in ... d-control/ as i'm not 100% clear when they're referring to the Vision or Vision+ in different places.

I'm hoping someone might be able to answer a few quick noob questions for me:
- By having the P2v+ in CE mode am I using 2.4ghz already? If not, is it capable of it and how is it configured?
- Do you think it's likely 5.8Ghz will be barred in the future?
- If so, am I best to sell my P2v+ and get a P2 with GoPro/Zenmuse etc?

Yours confused,

Bliffman

Thanks for the pointer but that was a thread I started too and I don't think it addresses my specfic 2.4GHz vs 5.8GHz questions so would appreciate it if someone could answer if possible ..........

bliffman said:
Thanks for the pointer but that was a thread I started too and I don't think it addresses my specfic 2.4GHz vs 5.8GHz questions so would appreciate it if someone could answer if possible ..........

the vision+ uses 5.8 ghz for aircraft control and 2.4 ghz for FPV, not sure about the vision??,, the phantom 2 with zenmuse etc uses 2.4 ghz for aircraft control and 5.8ghz for FPV if it is fitted. an aircraft has to use the 2.4ghz to be legal for work ( maybe 35mhz is ok too? ) but 5.8ghz for work is not yet allowed, but is allegedly on the way, perhaps???? what i cant understand is why dji went for 5.8 control and 2.4 ghz fpv when wifi can be dual band anyway and just use specifically the 5ghz side of dual band wifi, NO 2.4ghz to interfere with control signals for the fpv and stick to 2.4ghz for aircraft control??? it would have made using a diffent TX or receiver so much easier and keep the use of the dji vision app on the screen/phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4