Bypass new GeoFencing.

Yeah alright because that's how it works isn't it? It's the same crappy 'why don't you go and arrest a real criminal instead of me for speeding/texting/phoning' that we hear every day.

People only want the law enforcing when they are the victim of what they perceive to be a crime.
Not what I said...:rolleyes:

Has the death penalty ever prevented crime?

Simple answer is 'yes' because it will have deterred people - if you want to validate your point you are going to need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that not one person in history has been put off by the death penalty - of course, you can't can you?

No, but I think it helps clean the gene pool and reduce taxes from not having to feed and house them in jail for forty years. But that's just me. [emoji106]
If only they would execute them, instead of letting them live like Kings in private cells, until they die of natural causes, while having free access to unlimited appeals, filed by death penalty attorneys, paid for by you and me, costing $500,000 per inmate! :rolleyes:

Not what I said...:rolleyes:

No, you said twice that everybody was texting whilst they drive - that's a lie and then you continued your ridiculous analogy to assume that whenever anybody needs a cop it will be impossible because they'll all be busy arresting drone pilots
:D

Simple answer is 'yes' because it will have deterred people - if you want to validate your point you are going to need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that not one person in history has been put off by the death penalty - of course, you can't can you?
At best, it alters how they commit the crime, so as to avoid the death penalty! :D

It's called wanting privacy. Want to send us your address and credit card billing statement so we can see everything you buy? How about your bank account balances? Payroll check stubs?

And yes, I do not sync my flight logs.

I agree with you especially after reading this on DJI web site.

"Are you going to turn over my information to the government?
In general, not unless there is a specific reason to. In the event of an aviation safety or law enforcement investigation that compels us to disclose information, our verification partner may provide information about the credit card or mobile phone number used to verify the DJI account that unlocked an Authorization Zone at the location, date, and time in question."

What or who is to say that the third party is going to keep your information private? There have been many other companies that say your information is safe but then in the future sell it so they can make a bigger profit.

Just my 2 cents worth.

All due respect the OP has a valid point. I believe the concern is in at some point being forced to update the firmware or the unit will not proceed to fly unless the update is applied. I would agree and have not done any updates to date on any of my own drones. I think there have been many problems with the last update on the P4.
For me as long as the unit performs well I will simply leave it be.

I have no idea how this works.
I I'm thinking about buying the company, just in case it works.
Da Kingfish
NFZ mod LINK

nfz-p4-placement.jpg

Expensive!

I had to go back and read some of the previous comments as I was unsure if this was a legal drone type query or capital punishment review. Now that I am back on track I will say all my drones are current with firmware and no problems at all. I do not sync my logs nor do I wish to provide any information to dji or anyone else. Mainly I don't want to spend my days unsubscribing to junk mail. Privacy is always a concern however those (meaning all of us) may look at a new product like the drone and become paranoid that now these things are spying on us. And never mind google earth and it's ability to focus on my backyard lawn chair. We then go on twitter and Facebook and divulge every aspect of our lives along with endless selfies. We are our own enemies and under constant survalance. I can see a need to protect the population from injury however. I was asked by our local police dept to do a fly over during a city event. I declined as I feared any issue or miscue on my part would instantly initiate front page news. And of course there would also be 3 billion YouTube videos and the associated bad press. I see it as a common sense issue and we each must think before acting. In the part 107 this is know as Macho personality along with spontaneous action. (I am taking my 107 test tomorrow) although these things are nothing more than a toy with a really good camera they are aircraft and one must realize airplane pilots would never buzz citizens or willfully cause harm to people or property. Unless they wish to suffer the consequences. I apologize for not taking a stand on the death penalty :)

Whenever I unlock flight restrictions on my P4A, the unlock only lasts 48 hours or so. I live within 5 miles of a hardly used rural airport and I usually fly on the coastline within the 5 mi. radius. I have been caught out going out to fly and finding I can't take off without unlocking, which requires a WiFi connection. So I've learned to unlock before leaving home, where I have WiFi. However there is text in the unlock box about something called Advanced Unlocking or something like that. Does anyone know where to find that? I haven't located the setting. I have the Plus controller with built-in Android device and display screen, so there is no possibility of a cellular data connection. BTW I also have a handheld aviation transceiver so I can monitor local aviation traffic and advise pilots of my operation if need be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik