Bye bye drone

That is a tough break to be so close yet not find it. Wonder if someone found it before you went back there? Tough way to learn a lesson as to setting RTH altitude higher than surrounding obstructions.

How did you lose RC communication with the bird? Was it out of sight when flying (I mean as behind some trees or something else)?

Best of luck in your search!

Trees were between me and my bird. RTH was set high, my problem was I didn't take into consideration the hill and trees, I was at the beach side and bird turn to get home by straight line, hill + trees.

Here is what Im afraid now, Im planning to take my new bird and fly around and try to spot the lost one, so if I will find the tree? It sits very high, probably impossible to take it down. Maybe its bette not to know for sure where it is. ?!?!!?! ((

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear ya - tough call - however I would want to know where it is if it was mine and see if it is possible to climb - even close to shake it out if possible from a higher branch! Good luck searching with the new bird - keep a close eye both on your device and Phantom while searching!

Hi guys
Quick update after spending all day searching my p3a I gave up....
We ( me and my father)
Have the exact radios for searching
Can't find it
You probably know how sad this situation
But ....
Anyway that it
Here is the link for the last flight
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Thank all

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Hagshur,

I feel sry for you, I now how it feels, loosing your phantom. Do not give up. I hope that the search with the other quadcopter wil help find yours eventually. If you don't give up, you will find her back. Succes tomorrow!

Tnx guys
I found someone from my town
That have P3A will come with me tomorrow morning helping with his P3

Yea, if you can get the video of his search after he is done and post it then we can all help you look for it remotely. Wouldn't that be a blast.

Reactions: Reed L
Tnx guys
Crossing fingers ....
Morning have arrived!!!!!!

Good luck! You'll find it, with enough searching. One guy found his P2 with Zenmuse after 21 months in a field!!!

Reactions: hagshur
For what it is worth don't give up. My coworker lost his P2V in July high in a thick tree. He waited till November for the leaves to fall before he was able to find it again. The only damage he had was that he needs to replace the body because one of the motor mounts melted causing the motor to tilt from excess heat from trying to cut itself out of the tree and the motor must not have been turning and over heated. The inside had no rust or corrosion at all. The gimble is questionable too but there is a better aftermarket one anyway.
That's what happened to mine in the soybean field. I had to replace the body and one motor and a couple of props. It sat in that field for about two and a half months. The battery, however, was a total loss. It was completely dead and would not take a charge.

Hi guys quick update
Today was the 3'day searching with no results
Tomorrow before work will give anther intensive search
Will keep all posted
Thank for your support
Moshe

Reactions: rene van der meer
The wind speed is wildly out (I hope!)
Usually that seems to calculate quite accurately.
Not sure if it's relevant to the incident, everything else looks pretty normal though 20 minutes flying time is pushing things a bit - but not extreme if close at hand.

The high wind factor is related to the incident as the wind is calculated on the stick movements and how far / fast the bird is supposed to move compared to how much it actually moves. Its stuck in a tree while trying to move so hence it thinks its a 160mph wind!, that's my thought anyway. The signal looks like it was lost due to the trees which probably blocked LOS. Its not the range as previously he went further with only a few signal errors. There a lot of Trees so it will take some finding I suppose it depends how accurate the last GPS Co-Ordinate recorded on the log. Good Luck I hope you find it!

Reactions: hagshur
This is awesome, after a week we came back today with my new Drone, we spot it. Its defiantly my missing bird. Now question is how to take it down. It sits like 30-40 meters on the tree.

Hagshur, keep looking don't give-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reed L
I have only one word, Chainsaw... Hahaha

Then yell Timber!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Flying Dutchman
This is awesome, after a week we came back today with my new Drone, we spot it. Its defiantly my missing bird. Now question is how to take it down. It sits like 30-40 meters on the tree.

Hagshur, keep looking don't give-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No pic, it didn't happen :) Really want to see the video of you finding it. You could fly a rope up to it, just wind some wire around the leg of your new one and when you have it over and on the old one,just hit the throttle and unwind the wire and to let the rope drop on the quad and then yank the branch or quad down. If it has vehicle access, I would rent a man lift.

Hi guys quick update
Today was the 3'day searching with no results
Tomorrow before work will give anther intensive search
Will keep all posted
Thank for your support
Moshe

I keep my fingers crossed and hope you do find it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20