Buzzing sound and broken gimbal

Reaction score
Hi everyone, please can some one help...

I have replaced the ribbon cable in a Phantom 2 Vision plus I bought second hand, but still have the same problem.

There is a small whiring noise from all of the motors and the gimbal does not start up. I do however have a live video feed and the vision app says remove clamp.

I have video'd the fault for you to see.

I anyone could help this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you both for you reply. I am running in NAZA mode, so I thought those flashes were just gps searching, I've switched it over to Phantom mode and I've just got normal flashing yellow, meaning ready to fly, no GPS.

The ph2 fly perfectly well and all gps functions work correctly, its just the camera gimbal that has never responded, not self level and start up or no tilt control.

Thank you both for you reply. I am running in NAZA mode, so I thought those flashes were just gps searching, I've switched it over to Phantom mode and I've just got normal flashing yellow, meaning ready to fly, no GPS.

The ph2 fly perfectly well and all gps functions work correctly, its just the camera gimbal that has never responded, not self level and start up or no tilt control.
See if any of the information in this thread helps you: Phantom 2 Vision Plus Gimbal - Beep, Beep, Beep

Just and update for you all.

I stripped the gimbal down to its bare parts, including the pan motor in the base and reasembled. we now kind of have life.

the camera aligns its self on switch on, but the tilt motor keeps dropping the camera, I do have control on the tilt from the RC, but it won't stay in the position selected.

App now reads gimbal motor obstruction

Please see video.

Thanks again
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Are you able to preform any of the calibrations with success and no errors?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan