Buzzing Gimbal - Phantom 4

Hi Damoblack, I have listened to your video and that don't sound right. It sounds like a gear wheel and cog are slipping trying to hold it in that position some where when the camera is lifted. perhaps there is a fault internally. I fly a phantom 4 but I am pretty sure it shouldn't sound like that. When it is making that noise have you tried to just gently hold the camera in the palm of your hand to feel for any vibration? If there is excessive vibration then the gear cogs are not mating properly. Where did you purchase it from? I really think you need to return this bird for a replacement. I would also suggest you don't try and fly it.

Hi Damian As you have only received it on Friday You have consumer rights just like anything else. Take it back with your receipt. Politely explain that you have purchased this drone but upon setting it up you have found it to be faulty. With this in mined you have returning it to received a replacement or a full refund. offer to show them the footage and that they can confirm it there and then if they want to by getting it out and showing them.
Any tinkering by their staff will invalidate the warranty unless they are dji repair approved which I would think that they are not.
You have customer rights to return faulty goods for a replacement or full refund. This is your right and I would NOT take NO for an answer. As there is not much time passed from purchase to return and that the fact it is faulty the law is on your side.
I don't know if you looked around on prices but I bought my p4 from drones for less with next day delivery. they have some cracking deals where you will get much more for your pound.
Hope this helps mate and you get it replaced or you buy from some where else. Let us know but getting there sooner rather than later is a must. Time will not be on your side All the best.

Reactions: AIRSPACE
Spot on Darren. I will add anecdotally that on DJI Live chat they claim that if the store you bought from refuses to accept your DJI phantom for replacement, DJI themselves will do it. But only after the store first refuses. Good luck with it Damo

Reactions: Darren Roach
NO NO NO. Ok if they want to be like that then don't say anything to them about it, take it back and ask for a full refund as you have thought about it and its not for you. I have just had a look at their website and found this. As your drone is new and unused.
Changed your mind? Never mind
With our 30-day money-back policy if you change your mind within 30 days just return the product to us in an 'as new' condition (unused and resaleable), including all packaging, instructions and accessories with proof of purchase and we'll give you an exchange or refund.
If they then check it "which they might" and find it faulty you can say well I didn't know that as it is new and unused so you still want your full refund and go somewhere else mate

Can I just ask, when you were using the flight simulator did you remove the gimbal guard ? If you didn't, even in simulator mode this could of damaged the gimbal motors. Anyway the plain and simple fact is you opened it, tested it and it was faulty, your consumer rights still stand for a replacement or refund no matter what they say It is your statuary right under the consumer act 1st October 2015 to return faulty goods with in 30 days of purchase for either a replacement repair or full refund. This is the law and if they wont replace it as you want then they are breaking the law. Its up to you if you want to quote this to them and scare the pants off them.
Why should you have to wait for it to be sent back for inspection and repair which could take weeks when you have paid your hard earned money.

I know it is a bit of a bind for you. Who is this lady you spoke to on the phone? was it some one from the shop? I would look up the head office number and ask to speak to someone in connection with this matter.
Or you can tell this so called woman that she is breaking the law of which I have just informed you of as she is refusing you a replacement there and then or a full refund under the terms of the 30 money refund policy regardless of what their policy is.
If that doesn't work then you can threaten them with taking it further by contacting the office of fair trading stating that they are breaking the law and that you have informed your credit card company with regard to taking up a case against them on your behalf if this matter is not settled to a satisfactory conclusion which by now should be a replacement or refund.
Its up to them to then send the faulty unit back after they have for filled their duty to you as a consumer.
Just on another note, I have heard that drones being returned for repair are not always the same one that gets returned, example being a returned drone could very well be a refurbished one. I had this done to me once before on other goods I have purchased in the past.

Hi Damo I fully understand your pain mate. The law is on your side and its a bonus that you haven't paid for it yet as the credit card company will take up the case for you.
After all the crap they have been giving you I defiantly would not use maplins again and would now go for a full refund and not a replacement but that's just me.
Keep us informed of proceedings and I wish you all the best mate cheers Darren

That is good mate I am glad I could help. One thing I just can not stomach is retailers breaking the law and spouting out bull++++

Sooo...........

I finally have my refund!

After 14 days maplin failed to contact me even after I sent them a recorded letter explaining what I wanted them to do by law and what avenues I would explore.

I was advised to contact them of which I did by phone yesterday morning. I spoke to the manager who was dealing with this to be told that they had received the drone and inspected it to find that my drone was indeed faulty.

Me thinking 'ok so why haven't you processed my refund then' as you have acknowledged it being faulty.

He then went on to say it had been sent to dji to verify the fault and as if by magic whilst on the phone he received an email from dji to state they had receive the drone. He said he would email them to hurry up this process and would contact me when he had heard anything more.

This wasn't what I was told by him on previous calls where he stated maplin would inspect and if they found it faulty they would refund it no problem.....more lies then. I couldn't be bothered arguing and as soon as I ended the call called my credit card company back who were already instigating a chargeback on my behalf.

More magic happened in the afternoon as I received a call again from the manager from maplin with good news that dji had literally just been in touch to correctly state the drone was faulty and that he was processing my refund.

As yet it's not been credited back. If it's not there by Monday my credit card is taking it back regardless.

So after being told I couldn't have and refused a refund and stating which part of the consumer law they were breaking maplin have now given (in process) me a refund for a faulty product.

Moral of the story - Don't buy a drone (or anything) from Maplin as they'll try and deny you your legal right of which they have been reported to the trading standards for.

Thanks to Darren for the original info. If anything it brought me back up to speed with consumer laws and what rights buyers have when things go wrong.

I will now start my drone journey again with a different supplier.

Cheers

Hi DamoBlack, I am so glad you are getting your refund which was rightfully yours. It's really bad that a retailer should act in this way. The law is the law and they were wilfully breaking it.
Look forward to hearing about your many fights to come on receiving your new drone from where ever you decide on purchasing it. All the best Darren.

When you check pricing, if Amazon is competitive, I'd go with them. They have a very liberal return policy. You do evey thing online and never have to talk to anyone or make any calls. They give you a printable return shipment label (online) when you complete the return process. They give you the option of a replacement or a refund. They give you 30 days to do this after delivery date. I've done this more than a dozen times and never had a problem ... 2 of them were Phantom 3s :)

Hi, I have the same problem. I dont remove the foam gimbal before the fly and I fly 15 times. Now my gimbal have a same sound that your video. Whatcan I do? I cant calibrate the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik