Buying used adv question

Reaction score
Ive had my standard and love it. I'm buying a used advanced tomorrow( I think I'm getting a good deal) and just had some questions.

1. whats recommended as far as reformatting it or somthing to get previous owners info off.

2. When I connect it to my DJI go app will I be able to see the previous owners flight logs? This I'm especially interested in so I can see if he was truthful about his use of it. Also out of curiosity do the flight logs say if there's been a crash (I've never crashed mine so I'm not sure)

3. Does the go app automatically differentiate between the 2 phantoms? And will both profiles be separate in the app?

Thanks in advance

1. whats recommended as far as reformatting it or somthing to get previous owners info off.
The only info on the Phantom would be the name the original owner gave it and the flight data on the internal memory.
You can rename the Phantom with recent firmware versions.
The flight data will eventually be overwritten by your flights.
2. When I connect it to my DJI go app will I be able to see the previous owners flight logs? This I'm especially interested in so I can see if he was truthful about his use of it. Also out of curiosity do the flight logs say if there's been a crash (I've never crashed mine so I'm not sure)
No ... not without forensic flight data analysis.
But that would be more trouble than it's worth, the internal data won't have all flights stored and if it looks good and flies straight and true, that's all you need to know.
3. Does the go app automatically differentiate between the 2 phantoms? And will both profiles be separate in the app?
The app will handle that perfectly.

Reactions: flyinghost
ok so now I'm having issues ill try to explain as detailed as i can.... when i first tried it out i got everything to connect fine I did the firmware update and now the dji go app will not connect... at first I could go into camera mode and it said disconnected at the top... i did a re-install of the dji go app as i have been doing searches and this was recommended... after re-installing go app i cannot get part the how to connect screen I have a solid green light on the rc and flashing red/green on the rc light on the phantom... when I move the left stick it moves the camera but thats it the motors will not power up....

using an iPhone 6 btw

thanks for any help

ok so since i just posted that 10 minutes ago this occurred....

tried starting everything up again and amazing it connected.... got an alert to update rc and i did so said update was successful and to reboot rc so i turned it off and on again now i get the camera view button but says once again disconnected

ok got it to connect again and its said again to update rc firmware went to do that and got a message that current rc not support dji go firmware update download firmware v1.3.20 by using a usb

ok got it to connect again and its said again to update rc firmware went to do that and got a message that current rc not support dji go firmware update download firmware v1.3.20 by using a usb
Take a deep breath and head to Dji.com. Firmware download and instructions are waiting for you.

You will need to flash the RC with the firmware file on a USB stick.

yes doing that now...lol i always try to avoid having to ask and do the searches but just couldn't seem to find the exact issue... rc is updating now see what happens from there

Dont forget to update the batteries also. Just power up with each battery while the SD card witn the FW file is still in the AC.

yes finally got everything to update the problem was getting the rc to finally recognize the go app in order to let me know that.... but all is done now and seems to be working thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20