Buying the drone

Reaction score
I'm deciding where to buy my dji advanced , do you think it worths to wait for the Christmas sales?
It would be really disappointing buying it right now and in a month time be able to save some £...
Does dji normally have sales before x-mas?

I'm deciding where to buy my dji advanced , do you think it worths to wait for the Christmas sales?
It would be really disappointing buying it right now and in a month time be able to save some £...
That would be a hard call-- but the P3's will probably get cheaper when there is a P3 V2 or a P4

It doesn't matter much when you buy new technology because it will be replaced with a new model in 12- to 18-months.

Reactions: bobmyers
Well if you think like that you will never buy anything new! But for the same model if it has a sale in a few weeks why not to wait and buy an extra battery with the saving...

Well if you think like that you will never buy anything new! But for the same model if it has a sale in a few weeks why not to wait and buy an extra battery with the saving...
There are some package "deals" that may save a few bucks, but a free battery (150 bucks)-- questionable at this time-- hope you find something:)

I'd expect a saving on a p3s, it is much more "toy" like and likely affected by Christmas sales. It also has all dji's redundant old tech in the controller which they need to offload.

The p3A and p3S on the other hand are serious camera drones and I wouldn't expect them to change much, apart from anything it would be diluting the inspire range further by having such a price gap between devices that have similar spec.

You may though pick some up secondhand after Christmas possibly?

It's is not the point of saving some money it's the point of it being cheaper in 4 weeks

And as well um going to the drone show in Birmingham so I'm sure it will be something coming up!

Prices seem fixed by DJI. The same everywhere.
As others noted DJI price drops occur ahead of new releases.

It's too late to intro a new model before the holidays so any refresh is not likely until early next year when the P3 P&As are about a year old.

Bundles, package-deals, also seem to be at the vendors' discretion and seem to be limited to batteries, shipping, or cases, etc. as opposed to pricing competition.

Last edited:
If anyone sees a Canon 7DII on sale for the Holidays, cheaper than $1499 nib, please let me know!!

If anyone sees a Canon 7DII on sale for the Holidays, cheaper than $1499 nib, please let me know!!
We can see quickly who the real photographers are:D:D

I dunno, if you're in the US you'd better get it before there's a mandatory background check and 2 week waiting period. ;);)

I dunno, if you're in the US you'd better get it before there's a mandatory background check and 2 week waiting period. ;);)
No joke about that-- the sheriff is comingo_O

We can see quickly who the real photographers are:D:D
Sorry to go off-topic, but I'm also waiting for Holiday deals. Just on different image-makers! :D

Already have a 7D1 that I hardly use anymore since getting the 5D3. The Mark 2 is a pretty nice upgrade with the better AF system and better images at higher ISO that the original. Not to mention 10fps!!

Reactions: bobmyers
i believe DJI well not let any of there dealers sell the phantoms for less than retail price.

Watch Amazon and the package deals. Remember the value of a 100w charger, 4K camera and batteries. A P3P package with the 100w charger and a extra battery is what I bought on Amazon and it made the P3P very little more than the P3A. I knew that I would be buying the 100w charger and at least 1 extra battery anyway. You end up getting the 4K camera for little of nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20