Buying on eBay/Amazon vs DJI store

Reaction score
I'm going to upgrade my phantom 3 and purchase the P3A. It's $799 at DJI store near me $720 at Amazon and $650 on eBay. I would like to save the money and buy online but worried if it is damaged/defective. I'm old school and would rather just buy at the store but it's much more expensive. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

"Penny wise and pound foolish" as the saying goes… You'd be much better served by buying from Frank at Carolina Dronz as his customer service is the best… If you get a bad bird, he'll just replace it and you won't have to deal with DJ I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you buy from Amazon ( and not a 3rd party seller on Amazon ) you will have no problems with a return or exchange.

Amazon is a great place to buy from -- even more so when Amazon ships the Phantom. When Amazon handles the shipping, you'll be able to take advantage of their no-hassle 30-day return policy. If your package does not arrive as expected, send it back on their dime and they will refund you right away.

You can find a list of P3As sold by reputable DJI dealers and shipped by Amazon here:

Buy A DJI Phantom (Deals Updated Daily)

Last edited:
+1 for Amazon. That's where I got my P2P. I feel safe with eBay too as long as I can use PayPal and the seller has solid feedback. But there is something to be said for being able to drive back to the store to return if needed.

+1 for Amazon. That's where I got my P2P. I feel safe with eBay too as long as I can use PayPal and the seller has solid feedback. But there is something to be said for being able to drive back to the store to return if needed.

I agree with Toph. I specifically asked the Amazon rep, that if i have a problem with this can I send it back and they said yes if within 30 days. Thats very comforting. The only reason I would buy from DJI is if they were offering something additional with the purchase. I have checked out a couple of retail stores in my area and they didn't seem that interested. If so, I would purchase there.

Thanks for the help. Always nice when people take time to respond with helpful info.[emoji106]

I'm going to upgrade my phantom 3 and purchase the P3A. It's $799 at DJI store near me $720 at Amazon and $650 on eBay. I would like to save the money and buy online but worried if it is damaged/defective. I'm old school and would rather just buy at the store but it's much more expensive. Thoughts?

My target has the p3A for 549 clearance red tag so check your local store. My store happen to be one of the stores that also dropped the p3S to 228ish a few months ago

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl