Buying new tablet, what works the best?

In what way is it better than every other device made?

For example, how many 3rd party apps are available to it? How much faster is the video?

No lag. And I could care less about third party apps. It works flawless with the dji pilot app

Look at the youtube videos comparing the two. the Air 2 runs the pilot app a lot smoother and less lag.

You may want to go back and watch the video again. The rest reviewer says they are about the same. I've watched the video and if I try REALLY hard to see any additional lag on the Shield it might be a few nano seconds. So it's half the cost and the same performance. I fail to see how that is better. I'd take a couple hundred dollars in my pocket for the same performance any day.

No lag. And I could care less about third party apps. It works flawless with the dji pilot app
So it's better for everyone else because it's what you care about? Truth is, the Shield also runs the Pilot app flawlessly. So if this is your only benchmark than you'd be incorrect.

You may want to go back and watch the video again. The rest reviewer says they are about the same. I've watched the video and if I try REALLY hard to see any additional lag on the Shield it might be a few nano seconds. So it's half the cost and the same performance. I fail to see how that is better. I'd take a couple hundred dollars in my pocket for the same performance any day.

Android doesn't support cloud sync, flight simulator, among other things. I'll stick with the iOS devices. Those are worth an additional $100 to me.

Android doesn't support cloud sync, flight simulator, among other things. I'll stick with the iOS devices. Those are worth an additional $100 to me.
Android supports cloud sync, albeit not very well. Correct it does not support fought SIM. If that is a deal breaker then I can see why the Air 2 is the winners hands down. I'd think actual performance would be a real reason why one device is obviously better than every other device.

On that note, with the same criteria above why is the Air 2 better than all other Apple devices?

@Kman does a lot of fuzzy math around these parts. ;)

First of all it states right in the video comments: "Currently out of 8 devices I have tried the Shield is the one to get. Only Cons I see is the size and reflectiveness of the screen."

Then let's do a trip to Amazon, and compare new (refurb / open-box gets subjective quick)...

iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi, no GPS @16GB): $453.00
Nvidia Sheild (Wi-Fi, GPS @16GB): $199.99
Nexus 7 2013 (Wi-Fi, GPS @16GB): $165.00

For the money and hardware I don't think the Apple hardware is a slam dunk by any means. I threw in the N7 because it's very cheap and works well (from my experience, just posted a lag demo video on the N7 with CleanRom 6.0 - Android 5.1.1 in another thread).

@Kman does a lot of fuzzy math around these parts. ;)

First of all it states right in the video comments: "Currently out of 8 devices I have tried the Shield is the one to get. Only Cons I see is the size and reflectiveness of the screen."

Then let's do a trip to Amazon, and compare new (refurb / open-box gets subjective quick)...

iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi, no GPS @16GB): $453.00
Nvidia Sheild (Wi-Fi, GPS @16GB): $199.99
Nexus 7 2013 (Wi-Fi, GPS @16GB): $165.00

For the money and hardware I don't think the Apple hardware is a slam dunk by any means. I threw in the N7 because it's very cheap and works well (from my experience, just posted a lag demo video on the N7 with CleanRom 6.0 - Android 5.1.1 in another thread).

Refurbished Air 2 is $419 through Apple. Picking one up soon. Can't wait!

And don't forget the screen size. Shield and Nexus are tiny compared to the Air 2.

Why cellular for dynamic home point? Doesn't it use GPS? And do you see your direction in relations to the phantom?

Only device rocking the A8X processor and 2 gigs of RAM. Also the only Apple device with the super nice anti-glare screen.

... I think you missed the part where it was mentioned that the Air 2 was better because it had cloud storage and flight sim. I then asked, if other Apple devices had the same, based on these reasons, why was the Air 2 "better".

What I keep getting is the circle argument. This usually happens when someone is incorrect and, rather then just confirm this, they argue in "circles".

Truth is, _no_ device is better in every way to all people. To make that claim is just in error.

Reactions: dirtdummy
... I think you missed the part where it was mentioned that the Air 2 was better because it had cloud storage and flight sim. I then asked, if other Apple devices had the same, based on these reasons, why was the Air 2 "better".

What I keep getting is the circle argument. This usually happens when someone is incorrect and, rather then just confirm this, they argue in "circles".

Truth is, _no_ device is better in every way to all people. To make that claim is just in error.

Flight Sim plus the scree size. The shield and Nexus 7 have small screens. I have a iPhone 6 Plus so if I was to get a tablet I would want something with a big screen...Air 2. Plus the anti-glare screen on the Air 2 is very important for the type of flying I do.

I've used and owned multiple android devices, the latest being the Nexus 6. I keep going back to iOS. Just works better for me. Plus I can afford dropping an additional $100 over the Shield and can justify it with the more options iOS provides in the Pilot app.

The shield is also 199 because it's discontinued.

Benefit to the shield before was built in screen recording and live streaming. Live streaming is now not allows unless for gaming purposes only , shield 2 is android based, DJI tends to lean towards the IOS crowds more for app updates , air 2 is the fastest of the apple tablets , built in anti glare screen. I have yet to use or need a screen cover and I fly every single day, I get zero lag when I'm flying, the screen quality is amazing. And it's BIG.

Everyone has there own preferences. It's obvious that someone hates apple and or thus can't afford one, I bought the 128gig LTE model for 900$ and I use strictly just for my drone. Others can't afford to do that. I can.

To each his own. Those are my reasons why I THINK the air 2 is the best.

Now we need to figure out how to keep the iPad cool in hot weather? After around 7 min of flight in direct sunlight my iPad Air 2 overheated. Good thing my P3P was within sight. Scared the crap out of me. I just bought one of those cool towels to see if that works to strap on the back of the iPad.

I also forgot, Android Pilot app doesn't support live YouTube broadcasting.

The Android Pilot app just lacks too many features that I use. Spending $100 more to get all the features just makes more sense!

Apple.png

running jack.gif
:eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik