Buying Inspire 1 from Amazon. Safe ?

Reaction score
Im about to buy a DJI Inspire 1, and this will be my first drone or aerial flying machine.

I checked everywhere and it says, OUT OF STOCK everywhere.

I could only find it at one place, here,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PLJMOZ4/

Seller is Sonic Copters.
It says, 10 in stock.

Has anyone ordered from Sonic Copters before ? How good are they ?
Shall I go ahead and buy it ?

Last edited:
Okay it says the same, SONIC COPTERS.

Okay bought it from your link. Cheers!

Whatever you choose... Buy a Syma XC5 or alike first and learn how to not crash into trees- orientate your quad etc. They are cheap, robust and fly well. There are silly learning mistakes we ALL make first and you dont want to do that with an inspire!

Good luck!

Can you recommend, any book or video tutorial to excel Inspire 1 or Drone flying ?

Buying it from Amazon is probably a whole lot safer that you being a first time flyer,, and please don't take that as an insult.. there are just too many sad stories of people out there who have bought something like this and crashed/lost heavily damaged it because of the ease of flying they never learn what to do when trouble strikes.. Definitely get something to train on first, I am training on a Hubsan x4C.. and even after probably 100 flights I still got just a little over confident and took it too high and it got away,, have another on order to replace,, The small one's will teach you what to do in case of emergency,, drone eating tree,, water traps,, the ground that just won't give when you plow into it... stuff like that..

Plus the small one's are a hoot to fly..

djl

I think very few experienced pilots on this forum would start with a $3,000 ship. The cheap mini's are a good way to start, but even after that I wouldn't send $3k aloft until I had flown a couple dozen missions on a P2 or P2V, with or without GoPro and FPV.

Kelly

I actually needed something which does everything. My first finalized item was phantom with go pro, but the way, they are releasing an upgrade, it would the outdated very quickly, also I dint want to have hassle of having to buy each small item separately. So this comes with everything and has got everything too.

Yes got it.
Will fly this first, watch all the videos and learns the tips then fly the inspire.

First will try to fly the Inspire 1 indoor.

soamz said:
Yes got it.
Will fly this first, watch all the videos and learns the tips then fly the inspire.

First will try to fly the Inspire 1 indoor.

I highly reccomend NOT flying the inspire 1 indoors at first. Take it outside in a nice open area if possible and fly there. The cheaper quads are a good place to start, but all quads have their own feel to them, plus the inspire 1 is going to be much faster than any of the cheaper quads out there. Take your time and try not to rush things, unless you just like throwing money away. Personally, I think a phantom 1 should be used as a stepping stone from the cheaper quad to the inspire 1 so you'll have a better idea of what you're about to get into. Just tossing in my 2 cents.

Reactions: ftolino
soamz said:
Im about to buy a DJI Inspire 1, and this will be my first drone or aerial flying machine.

I checked everywhere and it says, OUT OF STOCK everywhere.

I could only find it at one place, here,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PLJMOZ4/

Seller is Sonic Copters.
It says, 10 in stock.

Has anyone ordered from Sonic Copters before ? How good are they ?
Shall I go ahead and buy it ?
I have dealt with Sonic Copters. I got my Phantom from them a few weeks back. The first one came in and the camera tilt was not working. I called them and they talked me through a few tests before diagnosing it as a wiring problem. They swapped it out no problem and were very pleasent to deal with.

Phil_RAF said:
Whatever you choose... Buy a Syma XC5 or alike first and learn how to not crash into trees- orientate your quad etc. They are cheap, robust and fly well. There are silly learning mistakes we ALL make first and you dont want to do that with an inspire!

Good luck!
I cannot stress this enough. I had a Syma and it is a great training tool. Everyone should take the time and monetary investment to learn how to fly on something inexpensive. I also recommend the Hubsan X4. It is frigging awesome. It is small enough to fly indoors but heavy and powerful enough to fly outdoors even on a moderately windy day. More so than the Syma even. The Hubsan is **** near indestructable. I have dropped it from 100 feet on the concrete twice, hit many many trees, a trash can. a car at full speed and even crashed it in a ditch. It was submerged for at least 30 seconds. As I ran toward it I kept waiting for the Leds to go off. They never did. I didnt even dry it off. I was right back in the air in seconds and it worked perfectly. Do yourself a favor. Get a Syma or Hubsan first. If your Inspire ever loses GPS or something goes wrong and you have to bring it back manually you will be prepared and have the know how to guide it home.
If not I can almost 100% guarantee you that you will crash.
Plus they are fun.

I also highly recommend getting the Phantom first. You wouldnt put your 16 year old who just got their license in a Ferrari for their first car would you? If you have the money for the Inspire, save it and buy a Phantom. You can always sell the Phantom and upgrade once you get an understanding of it.

Agree with all advice offered here. Keep us posted Soamz, especially if you ignore the advice! :D

As a first timer, I'd go with a phantom 2 version.
Easy to fly and learn. When you lose it, it won't hurt the pocket book so much unless you're one of those lucky enough not to care about price.

I was told once there was a guy who had spent like $40,000 on an RC plane.
On his first flight he politely crashes the bird so bad it can't fly again.

I have got myself the Syma.
Im going to fly it extensively and make some videos, try at realtime events just to get a hold of how everything is happening, and if Im getting, what I need.

Once Im done, then I will unbox the Inspire 1 :)

I just did not buy the Phantom, because Im from India and here hardly anyone would invest or buy a used item, and if they do, the will ask for 90% discount on MRP.

Indians are idiots, as usual and cheap! I hate my country and the country people too.

So, I went ahead and bought the Inspire 1, so I dont have to upgrade or think to sell anytime before 2-3 years or more.

Once I have the best, I can stay extra careful and concentrate more, rather than getting worried of upgrading or trying to sell.

I think you will find that after a few crashes, your Inspire 1 will be worth 10 cents on the dollar too. Nothing unique to the Inspire 1, just law of the jungle across all platforms.

Anyone wanna buy my crashed, twisted H3-2D gimbals, or my salt-water rinsed P1? Sorry to go OT.

Kelly

I thought this was interesting. .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-07-00-54-17.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-07-00-54-17.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 396

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member