BUYING BATTERIES

Reaction score
Are off brand batteries as good as the DJI batteries. I see them om Amazon for half the price????

Since these batteries are "intelligent", I'd only stick with DJI.

Best Buy recently had them for $118.00, but they went back up to full price again. DJI just had them for $111.00 for "valued customers." I would wait for these sales again to pop up again.

The main reason for not using 3rd party batteries is DJI will most likely not honor your warranty if you damage your Phantom while flying with a 3rd party battery. It's a small cost savings up front, but a potentially large expense later if you total your Phantom in a crash.

Reactions: Bckmstr and ftttu
Since these batteries are "intelligent", I'd only stick with DJI.

Best Buy recently had them for $118.00, but they went back up to full price again. DJI just had them for $111.00 for "valued customers." I would wait for these sales again to pop up again.
I just got one delivered today from DJI for $111. Works fine, charged right away.

Reactions: ftttu
I just got one delivered today from DJI for $111. Works fine, charged right away.
I was going to take them up on that deal, but I was at Best Buy later that night after receiving that DJI e-mail. We had a rewards discount of $5 or $10 so that would have swayed me toward Best Buy, especially since I didn't have to wait for shipment. I decided to not get any due to having 3 good working batteries already...and the hope I would get a Phantom 5 in the near future, which may not use the same battery.

How can you physically tell the difference between the DJI OEM battery and an aftermarket?

How can you physically tell the difference between the DJI OEM battery and an aftermarket?
Compare the photo of the battery to your OEM batteries. Some of the 3rd party batteries are nearly identical design-wise, but the labeling on the battery is always noticeably different.

Thanks!

...but, I have two batteries now, one is OEM and one is aftermarket and to tell the truth I don't know which is which! Lol! I do see that one says Phantom at the top and the other does not.
After doing some extensive reading about warnings I'm going to stop using the aftermarket. I just purchased a new one from DJI.

Thanks!

...but, I have two batteries now, one is OEM and one is aftermarket and to tell the truth I don't know which is which! Lol! I do see that one says Phantom at the top and the other does not.
After doing some extensive reading about warnings I'm going to stop using the aftermarket. I just purchased a new one from DJI.
good call, oem or nothing for me

Reactions: G Tek Fab
IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_1892.jpg
Beuller? Beuller? Anyone?

Last edited:
Oops... I guess the word "compatible" is a dead giveaway. o_O

Now that I think about it I was getting "battery temp" warnings that took forever to go away and constant interference warnings with the aftermarket.

Efffffff that thing!

Be careful with compatible battery I had one in my first p3a and it shut down in flight with no warning, expensive mistake just to save a few quid, is it worth the risk...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers