Buying advice

Reaction score
My brother is offering to sell me his p3 with an extra battery for what I think is a good deal but I wanted to ask the forum some questions that he did not know. This bird has never been crashed but has a stress fracture in the top she'll. That's why he quit flying it. He said some uv glue and it should be good to go. It also is gonna get the hrs on the bird but he told me he flew it a lot. Do these thing have an average number of hours before they quit. And will uv glue fix the crack.
810cd95631c39b0ff0f4d518169969a5.jpg

c150739ddaa79c922e9b9fc09d5d8eab.jpg
a02827e86c4af0ea7ee1a33f38d88889.jpg

Curious, stress cracks are usually found on the bottom shell half where the motors are mounted. Don't know about UV glue, many here have successfully used Plast-aid to repair cracks and strengthen the arms. Really no hour lifetime on the aircraft. The batteries have a limited number of charge/discharge cycles, depending on how well they are cared for. Props seemed to have pretty much unlimited life too - just make inspecting them part of your preflight procedures. Looks like he has a P3A. They have been discontinued by DJI which really doesn't matter because spare parts will continue to be available. However, the price on them has really come down so I would suggest that you look around at what the cost of a new or refurbish aircraft is before closing the deal. I wouldn't worry about a refurbed bird. Many here have had great results with them and they come with a full warranty.

He wants 300 with and extra batt and a backpack to tote it. I have not found anything else for that price.

I would see it flying and if there are no issues I believe it is easily worth $300. Good entry price for a P3A. If you enjoy flying it, eventually upgrade to a newer model. Good luck.

If it is a P3A and the gear all works that is a pretty good deal. The cracks I can't speak to but if it functions(check the other battery too) I'd nab it. A similar P3A package goes for around $600 up here on CL.

Sounds like it's unanimous! Can you get him to throw in the tablet he's using too? You'll need one or a suitable smart phone to run the app such a Go or others. You can fly the bird without one, but really need one for monitoring and adjusting all the settings like RTH altitude. If you get it, check out some of the post here with a bunch of newbie advice. Don't be bashful about asking questions. There are some really smart and experienced folks on this forum. And don't forget to register through the FAA site. Good luck.

Buy it. If you don't I will :) 300 is an amazing deal. That p3 looks clean but check the cam works. UV glue will fix, worst case put a zip tie around that arm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers