Buying a used battery

Reaction score
If I buy a used battery from the Internet which is claimed as new, is there a way I can see how many times its been charged?
I understand the DJI software tells us for our current batteries but will this apply to used ones too?

Push 10 sec on the button, and the number of lights will show you the condition of the battery!

Didn't know that. Thanks.
It only tells you if it has a charge, bad info. You need charge counters, etc to determine it's lifespan and the lights aren't going to tell you that. The Go app as another poster said is the place to start.

A brand new battery with no charge may not even light up, that doesn't mean it's bad.

Short oress in the battery gives state of charge, long press (as indicated in earlier post) gives life/health. The go app will give you charge cycles and individual cell voltages. Flying and viewing the resultant log file will tell you a lot more. While it's new I would look at the date if manufacture, LiPO cells start aging from the day they leave the production line. Also a new battery that has been allowed to reach and remain at full depletion will likely be badly damaged if not unserviceable.

I think the original advice was correct after checking online. Apparently holding down for 5 seconds gives you a battery condition indicator but just pushing it gives you a charge level indicator.

Reactions: JMR and ROD PAINTER
I think the original advice was correct after checking online. Apparently holding down for 5 seconds gives you a battery condition indicator but just pushing it gives you a charge level indicator.
Thanks for confirming "sparky1111", this is what i also remind of RPAS training/DJi battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik