Buying a Phantom from Amazon

Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to buy a DJI Phantom 3 Standard from Amazon and it says that it is "by DJI" but it is shipped by another company.

Does anyone know in the event of a drone malfunction, considering there is damage from a crash, do I get a free repair from DJI?

I'd buy from B&H Photo, they have the best return policy I have ever seen and free shipping.

buy from frank at Carolina drones awesome company

usually turn around in 24 hours they really take care of there customers plus can call and text them and they responded right back

or just call up frank farray at Carolina drones and talk with him

Hey guys, I want to buy a DJI Phantom 3 Standard from Amazon and it says that it is "by DJI" but it is shipped by another company.
If buying from Amazon, it's best to only buy Phantoms that are shipped by Amazon or by authorized DJI dealers. I have a list of those sellers here:

Buy A DJI Phantom (Deals Updated Daily)

As for return policies, Amazon is second to none. If you have a problem with the delivery, you simply print a return slip, drop the package off at UPS, and Amazon will refund you right away. Their return policy can only be used if Amazon ships the Phantom. Look for this:

Fulfilled.jpg

Last edited:
If buying from Amazon, it's best to only buy Phantoms that are shipped by Amazon or by authorized DJI dealers. I have a list of those sellers here.

As for return policies, Amazon is second to none. If you have a problem with the delivery, you simply print a return slip, drop the package off at UPS, and Amazon will refund you right away. Their return policy can only be used if Amazon ships the Phantom. Look for this:

View attachment 55455
Ok so it says that it is shipped by ALL e RC, fulfilled by amazon, and is by DJI. That will give me a warranty by DJI right?

Oops, I misread , its not fulfilled by Amazon, but All e RC is included in your list of authorized DJI dealers. All I care about is the warranty thing, if I buy the one shipped by amazon and it malfunctions, will they repair/exchange it, or does DJI do it.
And if I buy the one from All e RC (not fulfilled by amazon) do I have the DJI warranty?
Sorry for bothering you so much.

If you buy from an authorized DJI dealer, yes, you have the DJI warranty. Further, if the order is fulfilled by Amazon, you have yet another level of purchase protection.
Well, my two options are either no warranty but I get pretty much the best return policy or I get a bad return policy (restocking fee and payment for shipping back) from an authorized DJI dealer (according to this list Buy A DJI Phantom - Phantom Help, it is not fulfilled by amazon). The only thing I would do with the warranty is if my drone malfunctions; I have heard many stories about how they take weeks to repair it. I don't know if it is true but if it is I would just go to some place like dronefly for a repair.

Which do I go with?

I still say go with who I said or Carolina Drones. If you have a twitch in your gimble do you really want to send it off for God knows how long or just exchange it for a new one? Don't put too much stock in that warranty.

Well, my two options are either no warranty but I get pretty much the best return policy or I get a bad return policy (restocking fee and payment for shipping back) from an authorized DJI dealer (according to this list Buy A DJI Phantom - Phantom Help, it is not fulfilled by amazon).
If you're going to buy from Amazon, buy a Phantom that is fulfilled by Amazon. You likely won't have any problems with your Phantom, but it'll make for a super easy return process if you need to return it.

If you're going to buy from Amazon, buy a Phantom that is fulfilled by Amazon. You likely won't have any problems with your Phantom, but it'll make for a super easy return process if you need to return it.
Well theres a new one right now for the P3S which is sold by SaleSpot but fulfilled by amazon, that means I get amazons return policy and the DJI warranty right?

Yes, the P3S being sold by SaleSpot is currently being fulfilled by Amazon. It's the best deal on Amazon right now.

Last edited:
Ordered my P3A off Amazon Thursday. It was sold by Camrise (authorized DJI dealer) and fulfilled by Amazon. Camrise had the lowest price that particular day and was eligible for Prime shipping. Arrived Saturday in good shape. No complaints. Would buy from this seller again.

This is what amazon says it's fulfilled by amazon means:
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products.

So it has nothing to do with additional warranty. If you buy from amazon you automatically have amazon's protection for anything bought from amazon.

From Amazon's website.
We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments; that's why we guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

This applies to purchases made on the Amazon.com website. For purchases made on third-party websites using Amazon Payments, go to Amazon A-to-z Guarantee on the Amazon Payments Help page.

Customers who pay for purchases from an Amazon seller via the Amazon.com website are eligible to receive up to $2,500 of the purchase price, including shipping charges.

This is what amazon says it's fulfilled by amazon means:
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products.

So it has nothing to do with additional warranty. If you buy from amazon you automatically have amazon's protection for anything bought from amazon.

From Amazon's website.
We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments; that's why we guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

This applies to purchases made on the Amazon.com website. For purchases made on third-party websites using Amazon Payments, go to Amazon A-to-z Guarantee on the Amazon Payments Help page.

Customers who pay for purchases from an Amazon seller via the Amazon.com website are eligible to receive up to $2,500 of the purchase price, including shipping charges.
I was asking if I would get the manufacturers warranty also

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik