Buying a P4 in Miami

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in Miami for a week, over from Scotland, and ordered a P4 from dronefly.com. It was due to arrive tomorrow, but after hearing nothing and contacting them today, I've just been told they don't have any in stock and don't know when they'll be able to ship it to me :mad: So, I'm now looking to buy one from elsewhere, either in person, or online if I can find somewhere that can ship it to me by Thursday. I'm not too familiar with the sales tax laws in the US, but it seems that buying online saves quite a bit. The deal from dronefly.com was $1,559, including 2 extra batteries. Just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere in Miami, or a good, reputable place online, where I can get a similar deal, before I go to Apple and hand over $1,500 for the basic pack with a single battery. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

You could get one tax-free on Amazon by Thursday.

I'm not sure what there prices are but give drone nerds or maniacs hobby a try. They should have in stock.

Sales tax in Florida is 6%.
Not sure if Miami/Dade County has any on top of that.

Amazon.com has them in stock, sales tax will depend on the State, I'm not sure if they charge tax in Florida. You can pay for 2nd day or even overnight shipping if you want it that bad.

Thanks, guys. I've given dronefly one more day to see if they get stock in. If not, I'll either go with drone nerds in Miami or the Amazon option.

Bhphoto.com. Best out there. Free shipping but I'd have them overnight it for $40.00 or so

Hey guys, I'm in Miami for a week, over from Scotland, and ordered a P4 from dronefly.com. It was due to arrive tomorrow, but after hearing nothing and contacting them today, I've just been told they don't have any in stock and don't know when they'll be able to ship it to me :mad: So, I'm now looking to buy one from elsewhere, either in person, or online if I can find somewhere that can ship it to me by Thursday. I'm not too familiar with the sales tax laws in the US, but it seems that buying online saves quite a bit. The deal from dronefly.com was $1,559, including 2 extra batteries. Just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere in Miami, or a good, reputable place online, where I can get a similar deal, before I go to Apple and hand over $1,500 for the basic pack with a single battery. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I don't think you will find a deal like that walking into a store. I picked up mine at Drone Nerds in Aventura, which is in Miami. Google them and you can get the address. They are an official DJI retailer. They strictly sell DJI drones and accessories.

B&H has a special on them with extra batteries and props right now. There is also Drone international on eBay that is in Miami that was selling them for little less but have never used them.

Thanks, all, for the replies. Your time is very much appreciated! So, I received confirmation today from dronefly.com that they are out of stock and won't have anything in on time. They were very apologetic about it and have processed my refund, so no hard feelings. I tried drone nerds in Miami and they had stock, but the price (including tax) was going to work out around $120 more than the original order, so I went with the Amazon suggestion from ryantrax (thanks for the PM with the link) and my P4 should be here by Friday. They only had a two battery option, rather than the original 3 battery pack I'd ordered, but it did save me $100 and, as it was Amazon Prime, I saved on postage. Looking forward to playing with it now :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4