Buying a P3S new vs refurbished

Reaction score
I am currently looking to buy a phantom 3 standard and just saw that you can get a refurbished model on DJI's website for $360, a good bit cheaper than the $450-500 I would have to spend on a new one. So I was wondering if the refurbished model would be worth this price difference or if it would have problems meaning buying a new one would be the better option.

I am currently looking to buy a phantom 3 standard and just saw that you can get a refurbished model on DJI's website for $360, a good bit cheaper than the $450-500 I would have to spend on a new one. So I was wondering if the refurbished model would be worth this price difference or if it would have problems meaning buying a new one would be the better option.

Bit hard to tell, when you dont know the history of it, even though they pass the fixed test they have been damaged in one way or another, remember if it's man made if can be man broken lol.

I nearly went refurbished then Thought what the hell its money! that's why we work to make money to buy stuff .

Do DJI offer a warranty on refurbished equipment? If so and it is three months, that is an awful lot of flying and testing that can be achieved with enough opportunity to flesh out any issues with the drone. Over where I live, the law states that a warranty must be issued with a product supplied by an OEM - in this case DJI. Even with the 12 months warranty supplied with a new drone, the law states that there is also an implied warranty should the product fail through no fault of your own outside of that period (within a reasonable period obviously). I would be happy to buy a refurbished unit and spend the savings on accessories for the quad.

I have bought 6 various model refurbed phantoms from B&H in last 2 years

never even owned a new one

all were like new and flew perfectly fine,
so much so 5 were resold for nearly my cost

my current p3p is refurb original motor unit bought dec 2015
its great!

buy a refurbed p3 and 2nd battery for price of new
OR step up to advanced or pro refurb
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Refurbish (DJI Official Refurbish)-Newegg.com

good luck and have fun flying

Reactions: auen1
I bought a refurbished p3s from Amazon a few months ago. It had some problems initializing the compass before Its first flight. Needless to say I returned it and bought a brand new one instead. A month later I sold the standard because I needed more distance and I wanted the 4K cam.

I am quite satisfied with my p3 pro. The story here is make sure you know what you want and what you are getting into before buying :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would say forget the P3S and save a bit more to get the advanced. WIFI really is not that reliable in a built up area.

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app
For $110. extra you can get the P3P with an extra battery, refurbished from DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen