Buying a P3 from DJI from Canada

Reaction score
Can we buy a drone directly from DGI if yes would there be Duty fees to pay

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know about Canada but I didn't pay any duty or shipping when I bought it from DJI China directly.

I've ordered a lot of R/C stuff over the years so I've learned the hard way.

If you have it shipped by USP no extra charges, possibly may have to pay GST and that should be it.
Coming out of China is usually via postal system so again no charges, may have to pay GST depending on what the customs form says (not usually).

And the BAD, using a courier service especially UPS will result in brokerage charges, GST for sure and maybe some others charges just because. And to boot you may not know that until after you get your parcel and then get a nice big bill in the mail !!! Sleazy IMO
Oh and I found that if you use a couriers air mail option which is not much more expensive, then it covers the brokerage fees etc. so there will be no extra charges.

I got mine from sales.dji.com
You pay the US price and that is all.
It comes by DHL international shipping. Takes 1 week from time of order.
Be aware that after you make the purchase DJI may contact you by email and ask for proof of address.
This is for your protection. Just to make sure destination and credit card address are the same.
Processing the order took 4 days. Shipping took 3 days. Once it starts moving it is real fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues