Buying a broken DJI

Reaction score
I found an ad on craigslist and want to know if you guys think it would be worth picking up to try to fix. I work at an electronics manufacturing company and have many techs/engineers with soldering access that I am sure could help me out with that part of it. Here is the ad:

A few months back I purchased a battery splitter for my Phantom, which would allow for two batteries to be connected to the Phantom at the same time. These are fairly common adapters which can easily be found on Amazon. However, when I received my adapter and plugged it in smoke poured from my motors. I quickly unplugged the adapter and after inspecting the XT60 adapter, the **** thing is wired in reverse! There are two positive wires leading to one negative terminal, and two negative wires leading to one positive terminal! I can not be certain of the exact level of damage. I spoke with another customer that had the exact same thing happen to him, and he was able to fix his quadcopter for around $120. Here's the response I recieved from him - "It's actually pretty cheap and easy to fix *if* you're handy with a soldering iron. Aerial Media Pros had the parts in stock. You will want to get 4 ESCs along with the main board. If my experience (and the experience of others I've read so far) is the same as what happens for you, the NAZA module will not be fried."

He wants $200. What do you think?

$200 + $120 = $320 if all goes well.. I think it's just a little more for a newer or lightly used functional unit.

I'd go with a lower price though.. like $150 seems reasonable.

Edit: Actually, I have a P1 on hand with the same issue that I really want to get rid of. :lol:

I think whoever had this P1 last did the same thing. All 4 ESCs are fried, but the unit turns on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers