Buyers remorse with P4?

Reaction score
i had planned on getting a P3P, and today my wife surprised me and told me to go ahead and get the P4 if I wanted to - so of course I did. Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should have stayed with the P3P.
I've been trying to watch comparisons and reviews, but I can't convince myself either way. That extra $400 (or more) would put a new iPad mini with it along with a case, batteries, etc.
Did I screw up? I'd imagine it can be returned/exchanged - it came from a local big box store.

The speed, image quality, and reliability of the P4 sounds worth it to me, and you can get improve your setup later, with smaller investments. :)

I have P3P and have no remorse not getting P4 :p For sure will get P5 when they really upgrade camera and sensors will be all around aircraft.

I have both the P3P and P4. If you had both to compare/fly in person, you'd easily see the P4 is well worth the extra $$. With that said, you cannot go wrong with the P3P either. It's a good quadcopter.

Have you even flown the P4 yet??

I haven't "really" flown it yet - I put it up for about 2 minutes last night just to get it in the air. I guess I was questioning myself from the beginning, then I saw a review (or two) that basically said it's not worth it because most of the new stuff for the P4 doesn't actually work as advertised, the battery life isn't enough better to matter, it's slower unless you go to sport mode, and in sport mode it overheats the battery, etc. Basically that comparison said it's not worth it... So I'm just looking to justify my cost at this point I guess.
I had a P2 a couple of years ago that I loaded up with 5.8ghz fpv, osd, etc - so I'm a little familiar with what to expect. I think.

I debated between the P3 and P4 too. I was coming from the P2V+ and for over a year it felt that I was on the outside looking in. Everyone was talking about how great their P3 was and I felt like a dinosaur with a P2. So when It came time I decided to go with the P4 and have no regrets at all.

Im like you, constantly trying to justify getting the P4, and like you my wife said "just get the best one now" and i love it. Had no real problems with it yet, touch wood. You won't regret it and they seem to hold price well so you can sell and get P5 when that arrives.

If you did not have a drone before the P4 is an obvious choice however if you had a P3 not sure its a big upgrade.
The p3 prices are low at present and in 6 months time the p4 will probably be near this price point as well.

Certainly you could get p3 and all the extras for what you pay for a p4.

Guess it depends if you have spare $$$

Also does your wife want to marry me and buy me one as well ?

Don't look back, great decision. Much better aircraft in many aspects, way cooler design and stable as a rock even in windy days. I took mine to the beach, it was very windy. My brother in law took his P3P and didn't even take off because of being nervous about how windy it was. P4 took off and flew very stable, people looking were amazed.
P4 is much better, but this is only my 2 cents

PS: I used to have a P3P

Fly about 5 battery packs. And report back in. I'm sure you will be all smiles.

Reactions: Erised
I haven't "really" flown it yet - I put it up for about 2 minutes last night just to get it in the air. I guess I was questioning myself from the beginning, then I saw a review (or two) that basically said it's not worth it because most of the new stuff for the P4 doesn't actually work as advertised, the battery life isn't enough better to matter, it's slower unless you go to sport mode, and in sport mode it overheats the battery, etc. Basically that comparison said it's not worth it... So I'm just looking to justify my cost at this point I guess.
I had a P2 a couple of years ago that I loaded up with 5.8ghz fpv, osd, etc - so I'm a little familiar with what to expect. I think.

I've flown the P3P and the P4 here are my thoughts:
The P4 is a beast when compared to the P3. It's just a whole lot of fun flying it in Sport mode. The battery in general heats up since it is discharging at a higher rate but I've never experienced battery overheating issues. ActivTrak is a great feature, a lot more precise with focus on the subject compared to the FollowMe on the P3. One other things I like about the P4 is the collision avoidance. This works only when you're facing forward into an obstacle but it works pretty well. Agree it is a lot slower in this mode. As frands1 pointed out, it is also aerodynamically more efficient resulting in a stable flight.

DJI usually tends to give out "ideal" numbers for the battery life and other features and first time buyers are usually not happy about the numbers not meeting the specs but you will find out that the P4 is better than the P3 in almost all aspects. For what its worth, total worth the extra money!

Reactions: liketogethigh
Got a little more flight time today, and yes, it's pretty awesome. Still deciding if it's ~$400 more awesome than a P3P

Just don't fly a P3 and you wont know the difference.
If you have never owned a drone or own a P2V+ or less then get the P4.
If you own a P3A/P, then just wait for the next iteration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl