Buy OEM/Aftermarket battery or buy second hand original used battery?

I prefer using new OEM batteries.

Second hand LiPo's are not a good idea unless you are getting it from a friend or trusted source. I would never buy one from another who I cannot trust.

As to aftermarket (3rd party is a better term I think) ..... there are plenty of good ones out there ... I have an Irish dealer who sources out of China (as do DJI anyway) ..... and myself and others I fly with have just as good out of them as DJI packs .. at near half the price.

Trouble is - 3rd party batterys leads to a minefield of opinions ... just check out other posts on it !!

I will say this .... there are far more FIRST hand user reports of SUCCESSFUL 3rd party batterys than the few hard to find real reports of failure !! Near all failure reports or adverse comments are not from actual users incidents ... most just repeat same old 'hearsay'.

You will hear comments about DJI coding FW to prevent 3rd Party batterys ..... there's a word for that - but is not allowed to be written here !!

Nigel

Second hand LiPo's are not a good idea unless you are getting it from a friend

I wouldn't buy a LiPo from one of my friends. 1 almost burnt his house down charging it with a NiMh only charger, the other called me on the phone because he didn't know the difference between the main lead and the balance lead. LOL (I'm talking R/C car batteries here).

I wouldn't buy a LiPo from one of my friends. 1 almost burnt his house down charging it with a NiMh only charger, the other called me on the phone because he didn't know the difference between the main lead and the balance lead. LOL (I'm talking R/C car batteries here).
I agree for normal LiPos, I have seen people do amazingly stupid things with them... smart LiPos like the DJI one, though, are much harder to damage (not impossible :)) and you can get a sense of the charge cycles and remaining capacity, so any damaged battery would be much more obvious to spot

Reactions: Matts175

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen