Buy now or wait??

Reaction score
Ok I have a $3500 credit at a DJI dealer. Rather than buy the "Inspire-2" Now, I'm curios what folks think about waiting a while before pulling the trigger?
With DJI's history, it seems that you would be wise to wait 12 months?
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Moose

Reactions: Noble 1
I was literally 10 seconds from clickig "buy-it-now" on ebay for a decent deal on a new P3P. I have this same question!! My estimation is the price of the DJI line will drop $200 more by Summer/Fall.

So, I suppose the better question is, HOW MUCH % will the Inspire and P3P drop in price once a rumor of P4P or inspire-X?

AND

What is the general depreciation of the DJI line over 6 months to 12 months (assuming "like-new" and "lightly used" or "no visible signs of wear"?

I won't speak to quality or reasons to buy, but think about it like this: If you buy today, you will regret it in 6 months when a new version/lower price is available. No matter when you buy, this will be the case. So do you want to keep missing out while you are trying to save the most or get the best, or would you rather be flying?

Last edited:
Absolutely, I need a bargain deal today. I am interested now for several reasons. My number one reason is that the west coast is getting a record snow season and I need to be out there recording some great shots... I've got offers locally for video shoots but my current quad's gimbal IMU just died and I need a reliable platform. Today... lol...

My second reason is that my son is only getting older... I want to keep him in the shop and outside with dad and not on the xbox in virtual reality.

Absolutely, I need a bargain deal today. I am interested now for several reasons. My number one reason is that the west coast is getting a record snow season and I need to be out there recording some great shots... I've got offers locally for video shoots but my current quad's gimbal IMU just died and I need a reliable platform. Today... lol...

My second reason is that my son is only getting older... I want to keep him in the shop and outside with dad and not on the xbox in virtual reality.

Which is all the more reason to buy it now and move on. I took up playing guitar so that I could spend more quality time with my son, who wanted to be a guitar player. Now he is, but I am still not, but we shared something for a while that I cannot replace.

Reactions: BenDover
One more note... I work, or have worked, with a lot of engineers over the years who deeply analyze every decision. But many start to suffer from analysis paralysis, where the hope for something better precludes them for accepting a workable and quite valid solution. I have heard before, and I believe, "perfection is the enemy of good enough!"

Wise words. Best is the enemy of of good. I'm waiting for a couple PM's on these forums. I guess its first come first serve? Haha, I'd like to spend no more than 1500 on P3P and all the necessary extras.

So what's your plan?

So what's your plan?

My plan is to fly and enjoy my P3S now, and if and when the P4, or P5, or whatever interests me more than what I have, then do that then. But waiting on the very best to be the very cheapest is a fool's errand. It won't happen, and life is too short.

I just bought a P3A for $750 from jet.com. I was in a similar position but figured I don't want to be an early drone adopted. Rather someone else figure out the issues.

To better qualify my original post....
I started buying DJI products 2+ years ago with the P2V, folks were upset that they missed out on not waiting longer for the P2V. Months later I sold my P2V just in time (top of the market) & got One of the 1st P2V+,. I spent wayyyy too much on Modding it out however!!
But it's exactly the way I want it & will keep it forever... I luv it!!
So after I got the Inspire-1 last April, I didn't have much time on it before it got nicked. I was in the hospital when the theft happened, and didn't discover it gone until I came out of the hospital in late August....
So when I looked at replacing it I noticed that they came out with the V-2.
So I'm not afraid of pulling the trigger at all.
I left out that I really can't fly much until Late March early April. Due to the slow healing of my accident which happened last July. I most likely will buy a new Inspire-?? At that time.
My buddy & I are taking a bucket list trip out west leaving Houston, Tx in a RV and hitting 5-6 states for a "Drone Dream" trip. ( just thought of a new topic)
I just haven't followed this stuff psychotically like I used too. So I wanted to get some prospective.
IF U DON'T THINK THAT $3500 credit isn't burning a whole "Deep Down in my Drone DNA"
Well then [emoji12]LOL
THX ALL
MOOSE

Start the Drone Dream Trip with list of top geographic locations, maybe use a google satellite screen shot and draw some way points! Maybe there is already a bucketlist thread... LINK IT

U read my mind regarding my " just thought of a new topic"! I actually did do just that with Google Satellite, just need to put in my buddy's picks & then areas on the way or close by, that we didn't know of.... They wanted to go in March, but I've spent time skiing in Colorado area & I know that the snow closes many areas down, until spring. I also read that it's a record snowfall this year... So that why it's on for mid April now... Thx for your comment..
M

Do you mind sharing your points of interest? I'm so interested!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If DJI keep to the same schedule as the P3 it's at the end of April most people started receiving them from DJI. So you might just miss out if you are leaving mid April.

One more note... I work, or have worked, with a lot of engineers over the years who deeply analyze every decision. But many start to suffer from analysis paralysis, where the hope for something better precludes them for accepting a workable and quite valid solution. I have heard before, and I believe, "perfection is the enemy of good enough!"

I luv that term " ANALYSIS PARALYSIS" ! very cool.. Thx

Moose

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik