Button on the stock camera holder keeps shutting it off

Reaction score
Yep, the tab on the button seems to continually smack the power switch and I loose, what I think will be, great video. :cry:
I've removed the button and now poke through the hole in the rubber to turn it on. Stupid button now lives in a cow pie. :D

Anyone else having similar problems?

I've had much the same problem. Hadn't thought about removing the button though - that could be a good idea :)

It worked perfect for me. I made 6 flights yesterday and not one recording problem. :D

I bent the tab all the way up and down twice to break it off. Then walked a few yards and tossed it into a cow turd. :D :D

Ramz said:
With a little effort you can work on the button with a file and make function well.

That's a good idea too. Thanks for sharing. :D

Ramz said:
With a little effort you can work on the button with a file and make function well.

Thanks! I used some 220 grit paper on it tonight for a few minutes. Now it works using the button - takes a good hard squeeze but will turn on and off using just the button and won't affect it when putting it into and out of the holder :D

My friend's son's FC40 was doing this, hard to figure out when other things were interfering as well (radio tower, earlier flights).
Jump up and no more video. So I tossed him mine and asked him to put it in backwards or upside side. He chose upside down. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTWeEWKKx_E

My tab at the top of the camera case is cracked and it no longer closes totally right, but the button never interferes!

MikeEast said:
My friend's son's FC40 was doing this, hard to figure out when other things were interfering as well (radio tower, earlier flights).
Jump up and no more video. So I tossed him mine and asked him to put it in backwards or upside side. He chose upside down. ;-)

My tab at the top of the camera case is cracked and it no longer closes totally right, but the button never interferes!

If you fly inverted you won't have to flip the movie on your computer. :idea:

dirkclod said:
IflyinWY said:
MikeEast said:

If you fly inverted you won't have to flip the movie on your computer. :idea:
Wouldn't it be easier to just stand on your head and watch it ;)

Aww Geez, Why didn't I think of that?

Attachments

• shades-smiley.jpg
    shades-smiley.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 365
Actually I did turn it over, easy enough - still some real nice footage.
I left the upside-down original up because it's acually pretty darn cool I think. The lake reflections were so nice...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl