Busted quad copter

Reaction score
Hi. I was flying my phantom vision and I went out of range, it went into fly home mode and when it was about two thirds of the way home started flying radically. When I picked it up off the ground the shell was destroyed. One of the self tightening props was missing. It hadn't busted off it just wasn't there nowhere around where it bounced off the ground. I had put them on the same way that they do on the videos one finger spun and done so I don't know what happened there but I'll tighten them next time. I bought a new shell, two new speed controllers and four antigravity motors it was costing a bundle anyway. Everything is back together now, the motors are spinning in the right direction, the lights are flashing everything is good, I calibrated everything on the computer. When I take it out to fly it will pick up satellites. But when I take off now no matter what mode i'm in it starts wobbling and it's right back for the ground again. I'm scratching my head now. I was wondering if the GPS was put back in 90° one way or the other to what was originally would that effect the flight. I really don't know what the problem is and I'm into this thing big-time I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks

If you screwed the GPS back into the shell, you did it right,.........because it can only go in one way. If you didn't replace the thin foam pad that covers the GPS, that could be part of the problem. It has a very thin layer of copper sheet in between two very thin layers of closed cell foam. While it is covering the GPS to eliminate outside electrical interference, it could be there for another reason, of which, I'm not sure.

Of course you're calibrating the compass before flying? Right? But, of course.

I'll let someone else jump in here that has more knowledge of these things.

Good luck Slim, and I'll watch this thread, as I always learn something new from the "Pilots".

Yes I put the cover back on. Thanks though
I ordered a new main board for it. I imagine it would've shown up something Squirrley when I hooked it up to my computer. But who knows grasping at straws.

Congrats, I know it is no easy job transferring everything into a new shell.

This is the second time I've seen a post that led me to believe that one of the self-tightening props self-un-tightened. I, too, just finger spin them on and haven't had a problem yet. I'm beginning to think that maybe I should lightly wrench tighten...

Best of luck getting this sorted out...

-slinger

I was thinking that the speed controller Might have let go when it stopped abruptly the prop just spun off not sure though. I would give them a little extra twist anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav