Busted my bracket that holds the camera

Reaction score
I was flying today and probably about 25 meters high when low battery warning started beeping. I thought it was still controlable but no not. It slowly came down thu a tree and I thought it was going to make it but right before it got thru the tree, it suddenly came crashing down and hit a limb and landed upside down. It broke the plastic that is mounted to the cushions. What I need to know is where, if at all, I can find original parts for this. I've searched ebay and the internet and haven't found the original. Should I try DJI? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just another quick note. I also have the Phantom FC40 and I've really abused it and it has never given me any trouble. It seems to me with the gimbals if you ever crash, you can expect brakage to say the least. The one I am asking about is the Phantom 2 vision not the plus and it has really been a pain since I've had it. Dropping FPV, satailites and such. No range hardly at all on the FPV.

Thanks a lot to anyone with suggestions!!!! :eek:

What phantom is it? Is it the plastic pin that holds the zenmuse gimbal cushion? or plastic that holds the gopro to the gimbal itself?

People use zipties to replace the plastic gimbal pins. There are plastic replacement brackets you can get online if you broke the one that holds the gopro

Rockdweller said:
I was flying today and probably about 25 meters high when low battery warning started beeping. I thought it was still controlable but no not. It slowly came down thu a tree and I thought it was going to make it but right before it got thru the tree, it suddenly came crashing down and hit a limb and landed upside down........The one I am asking about is the Phantom 2 vision not the plus.......
That is odd. I have had the alarm go off and had more than enough time to get quad back to me and land without a problem. This with quad 300-350 feet away from me.

Knuckles, we are talking about two different animals here. Mine is just the basic Phantom 2 Vision with the original gimble and camera. It has a plastic base that mounts to the copter and then the other base is held with rubber cushions. The base that mounts to the copter is the one that broke and I've not found anything to replace it without upgrading. I'm just not ready to upgrade this particular copter at this time. I've had too many issues with it.

I did look at your photos and they are awesome. I tried to post some infrared photos on Skypixel and they wouldn't accept them so I've not tried again. I have an infrared Nikon J1 mounted on my Phantom FC40 and it takes nice infrared photos.

Is there a way to post a pic here of my broken part? I don't see where you can atttach a photo.

Happyflyer, before I would get a message on my phone saying I was down to a certain percentage of battery life even before the alarm went off but this time the alarm started beeping and down it came. I'm in a wooded area so any uncontrolled landing is hazardous to the copters health.

Oh I see, I didn't realize it was the other Phantom. In that case I don't have any suggestions since I'm not familiar I hope you get it sorted out. You may want to post a photo not sure if it will help. There's a few people that do repairs but no idea the costs involved.

Thanks for the comments on my photos btw. :cool:

Sounds like you're talking about a Phantom 2 Vision, since you say the bracket is plastic.
In that case, just search for: phantom 2 vision damping bracket
You'll find several on Ebay.

Dirkclod, that is exactly what I am talking about. I'm a happy camper now. And thank you City Zen.

I think I can do this but some of the mods that are talked about is beyond my ability. That's why I just am contented with the stock Phantoms.

Thanks again!!!!!

Rockdweller said:
....Is there a way to post a pic here of my broken part? I don't see where you can atttach a photo.
If you are on a smart phone, it may not show. If on a computer, just scroll down a small amount from your typing and find "upload attachment."

phantom 2 vision damping brackets They give you both parts of the bracket the top and bottom. Tho they dont usually come with any replacement rubber parts and you also have to move the servo over from the old one in to the new one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl