Busted Drone - Need Replacement

Reaction score
Hello,
I purchased my first drone (Phantom 3 Standard two weeks ago. I've been flying it everyday and really love it. Ive already made some great videos with it here on the California Coast. Last week I was rear ended on the interstate. I was stopped in traffic and young man plowed into the back of me at 65-70 mph. No one was seriously hurt but my drone (in a hardshell case) was completely demolished. My truck is actually missing from my car. With that said, I'm going to replace the drone and will probably do so with the Professional model because of the longer range and better camera. Where can I get the best price on one? Amazon has been fluctuating between $850 and $910 for the past several days. I know they went as low as $799 last month. I read that Micro Center had them cheap but the one in Tustin, CA said they were sold out. They said that they'd be restocked in two weeks but the price was going to jump back up to $900. Any other ideas about where to look? I'm fine with $850 but I have not seen it at that price since a few days ago on Amazon. I have it tracked but it seems like the prices change constantly.

I'd get the advanced instead of the professional if I were you. Unless you want 4k, which is really the only difference worth noting.

You can get the advanced for $600, no tax and free shipping.

Where? I really do want the 4K. I'm updating my laptop next month as well and whatever I get will be able to handle 4K. It'll also make it the same video quality as my GoPro.

If you have a MicroCenter in your area, they may still have them. I was there last weekend and they had a lot left. 599 for the advanced, 699 for the pro.

Reactions: Digdat0
Not sure where to get a good deal on the phantom professional. People have been saying Microcenter for $699, but not sure if that deal is still going on. It's also in-store only, so there may not be a store near you.

On a side note, if the lightbridge range isn't all that important to you and you just want the 4K video, you could try to find the Phantom 4K version. It's basically the standard version with a 4K camera. Should be around $600-700

Why would you spend 6-700 on a standard with a 4k camera when you can get the lightbridge pro model for that price? I just called Microcenter, the sale is still going on and they have plenty in stock.

I called Microcenter in Tustin, CA and they said they don't have any. They also said any new stock would not be sold at the sale price but the regular $900 price. Which store are you close to?

I called Microcenter in Tustin, CA and they said they don't have any. They also said any new stock would not be sold at the sale price but the regular $900 price. Which store are you close to?
Overland Park Kansas. And its in store only. Too bad there aren't more Microcenters around. I love that place. Great electronics store.

Since you're not close to a microcenter, the cheapest Phantom 4K i found is $640 shipped after taxes. Still probably $150-200 less than the P3P. It's just a decision of lightbridge and extra range. Is that worth $200 more? If you're not in a hurry, I'd keep an eye on some deal websites for new deals on the professional.

Unless you really need 4K, I would sacrifice 4K capabilities for Lightbridge and get the Advanced for the mind blowing range. The wifi in the 4K and standard is so 90's tech and very cumbersome and may lower your flight experience.
to be honest, I don't fly out of sight and rarely greater than 500m but getting signal penetration is my priority. Lightbridge does this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20