Business Opportunity?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new here to the fourms and would like to collaborate on a big project i have in mind.

Would like to talk to some people who have been/ or are in the electronics field.

If you would like more details contact me at m email: [email protected]
Or just respond to this post.
i welcome anyone who would like to know more information though, as hopefully this can become a trick that can extend run time on your drone for 2 or 3 even 4 more times longer on a single lipo. that everyone can use at a averagely low cost.

Welcome to the forum Silent .
How about a little more info on just what you are talking about .
Well, to be blunt about it i was thing about ( this may seem far fetched but i WILL make it happen)
Using solar panels and voltage step up modules to power standalone or charge your lipo while in fight for longer flight times. my goal is not to make it look pretty. run time is very important to me.
I jut graduated technical school for electrical maintenance. with my learned knowledge i know that this is possible and easy to get the voltage with step up modules, the only challenge i have to overcome is current and amps. My quad at max pulls 22 amps FULL throttle on a full charge.
If the quad somehow cant be powered my panels alone, then to charge the battery though the balance port at around 3 amps . and would increase runtimes by maybe a few minutes. but thats all it takes to get a good shot.
also another idea is to get a Voltage-detecting step up module, so when the lipo goes under 10V (i run a 3 cell)
the module will kick in and boost it back to 12V.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
Was just wondering what you had on your mind and maybe someone will step up with some info for you .
Thanks for the response and good luck :)

Well, to be blunt about it i was thing about ( this may seem far fetched but i WILL make it happen)
Using solar panels and voltage step up modules to power standalone or charge your lipo while in fight for longer flight times. my goal is not to make it look pretty. run time is very important to me.
I jut graduated technical school for electrical maintenance. with my learned knowledge i know that this is possible and easy to get the voltage with step up modules, the only challenge i have to overcome is current and amps. My quad at max pulls 22 amps FULL throttle on a full charge.
If the quad somehow cant be powered my panels alone, then to charge the battery though the balance port at around 3 amps . and would increase runtimes by maybe a few minutes. but thats all it takes to get a good shot.
also another idea is to get a Voltage-detecting step up module, so when the lipo goes under 10V (i run a 3 cell)
the module will kick in and boost it back to 12V.

There are other threads on this topic. Some with good mathematical explainations on why this is, net-net, not beneficial.
Try using Wattage to see why this is not currently (no pun intended) feasible. This helps mormalize different voltages and currents for comparison.
So 15v at 22a = 330w
(You can make your own estimations on less than full-throttle current drain.)
Now you can compare this to the wattage available from the solar panels/systems you have been searching.
Be sure to consider the added weight and to a lesser extent the effect of added drag on flight times as well.

Reactions: 28wins
There are other threads on this topic. Some with good mathematical explainations on why this is, net-net, not beneficial.
Try using Wattage to see why this is not currently (no pun intended) feasible. This helps mormalize different voltages and currents for comparison.
So 15v at 22a = 330w
(You can make your own estimations on less than full-throttle current drain.)
Now you can compare this to the wattage available from the solar panels/systems you have been searching.
Be sure to consider the added weight and to a lesser extent the effect of added drag on flight times as well.
Thanks for the response! i see what your saying. But i do think that Boost converters may be able to make this possible. as long as they can output 20A. at around 280W. and they can. im taking a look at this one now:
https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN®-Converter-Step-up-Supply-Module/dp/B013UG46RS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1466343731&sr=8-5&keywords=DC+boost+converter
if not solar panels like is said attach it to the lipo leads and when the voltage drops, it will kick in and still supply 20A and absolutely wore case scenario if that cant work, solar panels can put out 12V at 1amps. make wattage 40W or so that would seem to work connected to a 1A 18W charger

And with that last notion maybe a portable charging station could work powered by solar panels! to charge lipos at 1A!.
This looks **** near perfect: https://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-P...6345886&sr=8-11&keywords=foldable+solar+panel
So many times im in the field and need to charge a lipo, while im using another!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20