Burnt out my TX Grrr!

Reaction score
Tried fitting the gimbal lever onto the stock tx. Got it to work but made the foolish mistake of seeing if I could tweak the movement to suit what I wanted. I can see that the dji lever offers a fairly limited movement of the gimbal. So tried to set it at the lowest position and see how far forward it would be at the other end of the scale. At that point the metal lever rod fell into the tx casing and I got a nasty burning smell. No red light and now dead!! So guess a new tx is now needed.

I see that buzzflyer in the uk do replacement stock tx with a gimbal control mounted on the front. Guess that would give me the full movement of the gimbal?

I see there looks to be a fuse on the tx board- is that likely to have been the bit that burnt out- or is just best to bite the bullet and buy that other tx and not worry about trying to fit that rather basic lever again?

Here is a photo showing the fuse. I also wondered whether the diode below might also have burnt out as it is black at one end. But at looking at other peoples photos of their boards they all seem to have a black end. I tried removing the board by unscrewing it- but it still stays in place. Has anyone else removed this board? Also I assume you would need to unsolder the fuse to replace it- anyone else done that?

DSC_1857.jpg

And to think I thought I might burn something out when I did the gimbal soldering yesterday!! Perhaps that will follow??

Hi there,

There is very little movement with the rear lever until you calibrate the lever with the Naza assistant software. Once you have done this you can then you can also use the same software to adjust its tilt end points etc. The rear lever works just fine.

stevee said:
Hi there,

There is very little movement with the rear lever until you calibrate the lever with the Naza assistant software. Once you have done this you can then you can also use the same software to adjust its tilt end points etc. The rear lever works just fine.

Does that apply to any make of gimbal and not just the zenmuse? I am using a aeroxcraft model. Bit of a moot point now as I have ordered a new tx from Buzzflyer where the tilt control is on the front of the tx. I guess I need to link this new tx with my Phantom? Do I also do a transmitter calibration as well?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl