Burn the new logo!

Reaction score
I got kinda tickled that someone complained about the new logo for the website, so I thought it would be fun to give it some fire effects. So I had a few beers and hammered out a prop in cinema, and I'll design the rest in after effects.

Prop_zpscnaymybg.jpg

I just duplicated the prop, adjusted orientation so it forms an X, and now I'm building the sign.
PP%20Logo_zpsl8tvxjt3.jpg

I'm about out of beer!
Phantom%20Pilots_zpspad5ptrm.jpg

Man, you could use those "wings" as a pretty dang good mustache.

It only looks like a mustache when you're sober.;)

Hey Jacob, I know you're getting a little push back on the site changes, and that you're trying your hardest to accommodate as many users as possible, but know at the end of the day, the core of our community understands what you're trying to do, and we support you.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Hey Jacob, I know you're getting a little push back on the site changes, and that you're trying your hardest to accommodate as many users as possible, but know at the end of the day, the core of our community understands what you're trying to do, and we support you.

I appreciate you saying that. Thanks.

Not no telling just how big that fire would have been if ya's hadn't run out of beer :rolleyes:
And what ya do to your kitty avatar ? pull da plug on his jam's ? Head stopped moving :eek:
And ya Jacob he right about the site ! Kudo's to ya !! :p:p.... What ?? We Gonna Live ! :eek:

Reactions: CarlJ
Not no telling just how big that fire would have been if ya's hadn't run out of beer :rolleyes:
And what ya do to your kitty avatar ? pull da plug on his jam's ? Head stopped moving :eek:
And ya Jacob he right about the site ! Kudo's to ya !! :p:p.... What ?? We Gonna Live ! :eek:

Good news! I got more beer!o_O

The fire can be any size you like, I think If I was going to continue I'd add a particle simulation for the embers. They're a real ***** (at least for me) so it would take me some time. The biggest problem is that you're limited to 8 lights in OpenGL (that's the 3D API we use, like DirectX for games), and I'd want to use the lights as emitters for the particles...cause you got your floating embers, and your swirling embers, dancing embers...you know. Embers is a *****...

I think it would be cool to design something that could be easily personalized for member videos...make some slick animation, and make them available for download.

And Jacob was the one who pulled the plug on my Kitten's jam...

Good news! I got more beer!o_O

The fire can be any size you like, I think If I was going to continue I'd add a particle simulation for the embers. They're a real ***** (at least for me) so it would take me some time. The biggest problem is that you're limited to 8 lights in OpenGL (that's the 3D API we use, like DirectX for games), and I'd want to use the lights as emitters for the particles...cause you got your floating embers, and your swirling embers, dancing embers...you know. Embers is a *****...

I think it would be cool to design something that could be easily personalized for member videos...make some slick animation, and make them available for download.

And Jacob was the one who pulled the plug on my Kitten's jam...

Jacob...:p / And ya right about Embers, she is ! Dated er once :rolleyes:

Oh sure, you set fire to our new logo and then you try to kiss up.
Actually I give you a thumbs up on both.

Do you have any Tequila? It'll only take a little bit.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj