Burlington VT?

I'm in essex. I just got a phantom 2 (copter only) I've got my gopro hard mounted to it until I can upgrade to a gimbal. Shoot me a message.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hey for some reason I can't respond to your pm. The large area by fort Ethan Allen works for me. Shoot me a text. 802-734-8310. My names Dan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 9.57.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 9.57.00 PM.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 556
Hey guys,
As a peer and a UAV operator (I fly a S1000, A2, Zenmuse Z15, GH4) I really find it unsettling that so many people are flying in direct high traffic air space and also in dangerous public areas. If we want to be able to continue to fly our UAVs under the FAA radar we need to make smarter decisions. I am not doubting any of your flying skills, but you always have to remember that these devices are not perfect. Battery cells die, electronics burn out, GPS signals can be interrupted, mistakes can and do happen. The FAA in under increased pressure to make decisions regarding the usage of UAVs, they are stepping up right now and have issued multiple $10,000 fines in the last two weeks, many to uncommericial phantom operators. By keeping our UAVs away from public places were tragedy can occur, we can increase our chances of being able to continue to fly.

Today, I was walking down church street when I heard the buzz of a phantom. Someone was flying it directly over a large crowd in heavy winds. Luckily for the pilot, I was in a rush and didn't want to wait for him to finish his flight before giving him my opinion.

I have 2 million dollars worth of insurance coverage, but you would never find me flying over anyone. There is no way that my insurance would even take a dent out of a settlement if my drone fell and killed someone. Think about that, one tiny mistake will forever alter not only your life, but also your family's.

I hope you all understand my concern. I am not here to point a finger at anyone, I just want to strengthen and preserve this community. Thanks

Hey guys, that is the park where I've been learning to fly. Been going there for a little over a month now. I have a Phantom 1.2, tarot 2d gimbal "currently trying to get it fully working", and Fatshark Predator V2 5.8ghz FPV system.

• Area is about 1100' x 700' of tall grass with no one under. (plus about 50 feet if you don't mind flying over the river.)
    Its also almost 5 miles away from the airport.

I think we should be good here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj