Bull crap,,,,

Reaction score
I just bought the vision in January and the camera sucks because it lacks a gimbal. A new non dji gimbal will set you back 300+ Dollars , dji should offer a trade in credit the stock camera set up on vision for the plus gimbal and camera set up and keep it plug and play. You think they want want people using there equipment instead of other companies stuff. The only thing better with the vision non plus is 5 min longer fly time, also 1000 feet is far enough range I think.

136 lookers zero in put,,, lift up your skirts and grab your balls and lets get dji to offer a gimbal upgrade an take there old camera back and offer credit, as a company you don't launch a bird and 4 months later launch a better one because aftermarket companies are offering a up grade that dji didn't think of, this company would drown on shark tank show especially if they don't offer the up grade IMO. Pull up what's your opinion?

osen007 said:
136 lookers zero in put,,, lift up your skirts and grab your balls and lets get dji to offer a gimbal upgrade an take there old camera back and offer credit, as a company you don't launch a bird and 4 months later launch a better one because aftermarket companies are offering a up grade that dji didn't think of, this company would drown on shark tank show especially if they don't offer the up grade IMO. Pull up what's your opinion?

++++! :evil:

osen007 said:

Ive heard this before that somehow the vision+ was a response to the competition. Obviously the vision+ has been in the pipeline for a while and has been the plan all along. Maybe they moved up the release because of all the complaints with the camera and QC problems.

I do agree that it is aggravating and kind of a cheap trick to launch something new so soon which makes our current rig seem low tech. This is straight from Apple's playbook.

id like to see the current vision be upgradeable but if not im seriously going to think twice about buying anything new from them again.

IM PISSED!
I too just bought my Vision 2 in January, and a phantom 12 months before that.

I understand planned obsolescence, but have the common curtesy to wait 10-12 months before F'ing me.

F U DJI I'll never buy another product from them.

osen007 said:
I just bought the vision in January and the camera sucks because it lacks a gimbal. A new non dji gimbal will set you back 300+ Dollars , dji should offer a trade in credit the stock camera set up on vision for the plus gimbal and camera set up and keep it plug and play. You think they want want people using there equipment instead of other companies stuff. The only thing better with the vision non plus is 5 min longer fly time, also 1000 feet is far enough range I think.

Are you serious? If you think it sucks why did you buy one? If you wanted a 2D or 3D gimbal you should of waited or got the P2 with a gimbal of your choice. Then you wouldn't be stuck looking at a tiny screen either. All you Vision owners need to suck it up and fly what you have and enjoy it or buy a newer model. At least with the P2 non-vision you can upgrade your components at will. In this day and age figure on a 6 month refresh rate on technology products. Happy hovering! :)

This all makes me so glad I bought a P2 NON vision :lol: :lol:
Thats why you should spend a few months doing research BEFORE buying...........

I did, my Rotopixel is inbound and I am enjoying all the tears in multiple threads.

If it was a significant upgrade to the camera I might be peeved but consider upgrading. As it's the same camera in a different box it brings nothing to the table i don't already have and becomes a so what. Suggest more people get over it... :idea:

Seahorse said:
I did, my Rotopixel is inbound and I am enjoying all the tears in multiple threads.

If it was a significant upgrade to the camera I might be peeved but consider upgrading. As it's the same camera in a different box it brings nothing to the table i don't already have and becomes a so what. Suggest more people get over it... :idea:

Exactly!

Really? Do car companies, computer companies, camera companies, etc. offer upgrade policies? Some run specials but none offer upgrades as a general business practice, and why should they?

I'm guessing your younger and part of the "It's not fair" generation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

What are they supposed to do? Sit on the invention for 12 months while competitors swarm? It happens all the time. People but the brand new exciting 2014 Dodge Dilemma with the premium moon roof, and the next week the 2015's come out with his and hers gun racks and cool-looking new headlights.

If you are upset about the quick release of an improved Vision (you should have been here in December when there was group P&M over the free battery), I suggest that the problem is YOU, not DJI. If you have a Vision (as I do), and would rather have a Vision 2+ (as I do), figure out a way to get it (as I did). Or WAIT (as others will). But don't take it out in DJI. They're doing what businesses do. And remember, it's not that DJI hates you... they hate EVERYONE. So stop feeling special.

iResq said:
Really? Do car companies, computer companies, camera companies, etc. offer upgrade policies? Some run specials but none offer upgrades as a general business practice, and why should they?

I'm guessing your younger and part of the "It's not fair" generation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

+1

Oh, and i just bought my iPhone 5 and they came out with the iPhone 5s. I didn't see that coming! Not fair!.

Like a lot of others I bought mine in January. It stings a little but I still love what I have. For now I will enjoy it and be satisfied. In time I will either go the quick route and get a gimbal or wait a while and buy the next AWESOME version that comes out after the P2V+.

I guarantee you that in four to six months there will be a camera upgrade. That will be followed by a "flying eyes" style tx. and so on and so on. That's the way a technology company has to do business. If the market is large enough a viable competitor will emerge. Perhaps that will be Yuneec. They will likely have a similar upgrade schedule. So it will eventually come down to customer service as a differentiator and that's were DJI will be in trouble. When I bought mine I went to a local hobby shop that had a few DJI products. I asked about buying a P2V from them. They told me DJ I was very difficult to deal with and that they'd rather not, so I bought one elsewhere. DJI has had a bit of a free ride in the marketplace due to the lack of a viable competitor, but that will change and DJ I will have to change as well.

Dear Justin,

Please kindly Phantom 2 Vision cannot be upgrade to Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Sorry.

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

My question why would a company not offer a upgrade package to keep their capital coming in? Horrible marketing on dji behalf, I guess they don't care that you spend your money on aftermarket products instead of there dji approved products.

Re: Bull crap

In this fledgling industry I expect manufacturers (in this case DJI) to continually improve on their products.

Take computers for instance. If you sit and wait for the absolute latest version with the fastest, biggest, technologically superior unit there is, you'll NEVER buy anything - because there's always the promise of something new just around the corner. Pull the trigger, buy what's here now, and enjoy it.

I have absolutely no regrets with my P2V. I see newer stuff coming, and if at some point I feel the need for a newer, better, faster, slicker quad, I just may jump in. Or not. I just might wait until there is absolutely NO promise of anything better ever, and THEN buy in. That way I'm safe . . . :cry:

osen007 said:
Dear Justin,

Please kindly Phantom 2 Vision cannot be upgrade to Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Sorry.

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

My question why would a company not offer a upgrade package to keep their capital coming in? Horrible marketing on dji behalf, I guess they don't care that you spend your money on aftermarket products instead of there dji approved products.

Um no... I think there are very few products today that are upgradable by the manufacturer. To me, it makes more sense to obsolete a product and to force the consumer to buy new. Otherwise financial resources would have to go into R&D for upgrades vs industry innovation. Computers are arguably the easiest upgradable consumer product on the market. How many computer manufactures have an program to have your computer upgraded? They may have a service center that will charge you an arm and a leg to upgrade ram, but beyond that? None.

I'm venting I just like all stock set ups, I guess roto pixel will for sure get my money lol

Whether the Plus was intended all along or not....Its obvious that DJI wants to hamstring their competition in the Gimbal/camera department, their currently re-writing the profile to eliminate the 7th channel hack. This is a valuable option for aftermarket gimbals but DJI doesn't like people using it. Otherwise they'd make it work easier rather than harder.

What's needed is good programmers to write profile specific aftermarket Revisions for the entire line of DJI Phantom/Vision and put DJI on the receiving end playing catch up. They can't make you use their software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers