Building the Ultimate Phantom

Reaction score
Hi All I'm New to the forums and do not yet own a Phantom.

Sorry for the Essay of a post but I can't decide.

I've been researching for the last couple of months and have gone from wanting a phantom, to phantom 2 non vision to DJI F550 and back to Phantoms.

My debate is this I would Like a Phantom 2 Gimball, spare battery(one to start with), Fpv, bluetooth ground station and eventually change the Tx to a futaba t8j (don't like the toy like style of the DJI Tx).
The cost of the Batteries is the only turn off from the Phantom 2.

My Question is this, have read the forums on batteries, Blades and mods etc do you think I would be able to build the Ultimate Phantom for less than the price of a Phantom 2 gimball and spare battery, bear in mind that I need to purchase a Tx and charger to.

should I buy a second hand Phantom and phantom 2 shell phantom 2 blades? what motors? Or should i start from just a Phantom 2 shell?

Help?

I owned and lost a Phantom 1. I was looking at a Phantom 2 package with gimbal and FPV but now I'm seriously looking at the F550 and I'm starting to lean that way. It looks easier to fix / and or replace parts if it does crash. I also like the larger size. It doesn't have the cool factor if the all white Phantom with its shell but I could care less about that

Helipal has a nice package deal http://www.helipal.com/dji-flamewheel-f ... e-rtf.html

I just did this same thing. The biggest turn off was the battery thing on the P2. I built my "Ultimate Phantom" buy buying a P1.1.1, loading it with everything I wanted including FPV, bought 4 extra batteries, and am STILL less than a P2 with a spare battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj