Building my P3P kit, looking for deals

Reaction score
Across the Columbia River from Portland, Or.
Hello all.

I now see that my thinking I'd need more batteries is true since I see some of y'all with 6-8 batteries or more.
When I bought mine I got an extra battery right away.

So far I've bought:
Three 32GB Pixtar memory cards
One 64GB same
And the one that came with.
A lens cover
Prop guards
Samsung Tab S 9.7"

What might be some more items to carry?
Which tools?

I want to purchase a case & more batteries. Anyone know of any possible package deals for more than one battery or better yet....a package of batteries & a case.

I did a lot of searching for deals. I found about the best buy I could get on one particular case but am not committed to just it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

A case is a MUST!! The gimbal and blades need protection in transport. I got another 5 batteries because I plan on doing work on Golf Courses. For fun, I got two of the multi-chargers so I can charge 6 batteries at one time.

I just got the set of 3 filters. I think it's valuable to allow for less rolling shutter while shooting outside and the Polarizing flyer will come in handy for color saturation in native shooting.

I just got my P3P two weeks ago and LOVE it!! It's better than I expected and my only concern now is the shell cracking issues others are reporting. I check after each flight and see no signs yet of cracking… but this beauty is still young.

I seen mention of the shell cracking but I thought it was one the hard cases?

Are they cracking from hard landings or crashes or do you know? Thanks.

I'm looking at a Koozam case currently that I like.
There are volumes of posts regarding shell cracking on the forum-- do a search and you can spend some time reading the posting and complaints regarding cracking of the P3 shells. It was probably a manufacturing issue, and it does not affect all P3's nor has there been any reported crashing issues that I know of.

Reactions: groffy
There are volumes of posts regarding shell cracking on the forum-- do a search and you can spend some time reading the posting and complaints regarding cracking of the P3 shells. It was probably a manufacturing issue, and it does not affect all P3's nor has there been any reported crashing issues that I know of.

I spent a pile of money on a Hemi crate motor only to find out everyone was having to open them up & rebuild them....unless it was built during a certain time frame.
The only way to determine which motors were affected was by a part # that each one got. I was one of the lucky in that my number/motor was built by competent people.

Is there any chance any of our P3's are marked by some sort of serial or VIN #?
Yeah, that's too easy. I'll do some reading up to keep from asking more stupid questions, thanks.

Hello all.

I now see that my thinking I'd need more batteries is true since I see some of y'all with 6-8 batteries or more.
When I bought mine I got an extra battery right away.

So far I've bought:
Three 32GB Pixtar memory cards
One 64GB same
And the one that came with.
A lens cover
Prop guards
Samsung Tab S 9.7"

What might be some more items to carry?
Which tools?

I want to purchase a case & more batteries. Anyone know of any possible package deals for more than one battery or better yet....a package of batteries & a case.

I did a lot of searching for deals. I found about the best buy I could get on one particular case but am not committed to just it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

My add-ons to my P3P include:

Phantom Fix gimbal crash guard: $20.22
Dynamic 3D Solutions' Antenna Booster $27.00
Body Guardz anti glare screen for iPad Mini 3 $60.00
Hoodivision sun shade $25.00
DJI HDMI video output upgrade board $119.00
HeadPlay HD goggles $270.00
Various ND camera filters
Cheap Chinese backpack $45.00 (get the DJI hard shell backpack !)

Ditch the prop guards..they degrade you flight performance. If you fly sensibly you won't need them anyway.

:harry

I'm liking this case & the dji one. Most likely getting this one unless there's something inherent about it?

https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-case/

I see people making posts for dji accessories that are on sale. This would count I imagine.

Today I bought 3 SDHC UHBS-1 with 80mbps 533xread PIXTOR SanDisk cards.
And like ctp mentions, the PIXTOR & Extreme Plus are the same card except SanDisk relabels the package PIXTOR. Just another name exclusively for Best Buy. $29.99

The 64gb version with the same other numbers on sale $42.99. The SanDisk brand identical card is $149.99. So I bought out what they had on the shelf.

In hindsight I should have bought the P3 advanced & got 2 extra batteries for the same money as my P3P - I've still got the 1 battery.

Also playing 4k video on a 3 year old desktop pc doesn't work & as for playing on a 1080p tv... So the outlay on those new 2 items is $2000ish.

So I do most of my video in 1080p 60frames - it looks the bomb on the devices I can play it on.
4k looks amazing but so is the outlay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20