Build Cheap REPEATER for phantom 3 standard/4K Lets do it together

So before to long we won't even be able to get the kids off the couch to fly their quads! :(

wow awesome job you have done
my idea to build this repeater is about how can we makes our phantom flew arround the city while we controlled at living room not at roof top at the house
its cold and its windy :(
i want to flew phantom with relax sit on sofa drink cofee and see video feeds at my 60" tv screen, oh thats awesome :)

but i think with no clue for howto expand RC signal (5.8ghz) that will be hard to do
it become useless we can expand 2.4ghz without 5.8ghz
connection still disconnected when rc lost with the ac
even 2.4ghz still have a strong signal :(

in other word i'm still have to flew phantom at roof top because still can't repeater the rc 5.8ghz signal, yes it can be done with long RG cable from the roof to living room but what a mess :lol

I am not sure where you live, but in the states the FAA rule says that you can only fly your drone within Visual line of sight (VLOS). You cannot use any devices (binoculars, scopes, etc.) to visually see the drone.

Also, they higher the frequency, the shorter the range. The only way you can boost the range is to get an amplifier. You can get one like this to help: 5.8ghz amp

I am not sure where you live, but in the states the FAA rule says that you can only fly your drone within Visual line of sight (VLOS). You cannot use any devices (binoculars, scopes, etc.) to visually see the drone.

Also, they higher the frequency, the shorter the range. The only way you can boost the range is to get an amplifier. You can get one like this to help: 5.8ghz amp

Hi TG

idea for this repeater is for multiple purpose for some users WHO
1. dont want to mod and risking they phantom but want to extend they flight range
2. want to flew short range but to many building avoidance from they flight route
3. want to flew phantom in they living room without VLOS like me :)
4. etc

i think it is not about VLOS only my friend, its for general purpose

*yes i live in country have regulation but not mention VLOS, they just make general rules like never flew with altitude more than 150m, no fly at the non fly zone (gov building - public area - military area - ...etc etc) but not mention about VLOS :)

oke guys, prepare for 2nd attempt
i'm putting repeater to 25m high from my 30m tower
and give 18dBi omni antenna
for rc meanwhile i'm waiting my amp order, i'm putting 15dBi patch antenna

hopely tonight not rainy like yesterday

2016_0825_153129_004_Fotor_Collage.jpg

*oh god if not in the name of sience i'm to old to doing this :)

Reactions: PapaTita
I did tried to use repeater mode of AP (Xiaomi youth router and D-Link Dir-806M). It was one more thing that I use wired lan connection with otg usb lancard. But, Ojcze Nasz mod is enough to get good video transfer. So, I didn't use repeater any more.
20160523_210637.jpg 20160524_130552.jpg 20160721_193043.jpg 20160721_221951.jpg 20160721_182818.jpg 20160721_182832.jpg 20160721_201854.jpg

Reactions: jeganx and korakora
oke guys,
tonight too much air plane surrounding my city, it looks like they queuing to land, so I had to stop flights tonight *fiuh so close*

I did tried to use repeater mode of AP (Xiaomi youth router and D-Link Dir-806M). It was one more thing that I use wired lan connection with otg usb lancard. But, Ojcze Nasz mod is enough to get good video transfer. So, I didn't use repeater any more.

good job sunkyu, i'm glad meet someone had same vision
yes of course if you only intend to flew your phantom VLOS only Ojzce mod with papatita apps should be good enough

hmmm...i'm trying to understand your masterpiece work by looking at your picture, but actually your picture makes me "Hmmm" in 10 minutes, its a new records on 25 years of my carrier before i'm retired to be Analyse system
i'm always had to Guessing 1st before i had to ask, but yes your topology design is out of my mind

can you explain why you should connected your TAB with LAN USB ? you succed makes me give up :)

Here is another suggestion that might help your outdoor range issue: 10-15km outdoor Wi-Fi antenna

Hi TG,

i think your reference radio not a lot of different with my nanostation from ubnt
but once again as i mention before we can only communicate with DJI network if we use o/s OpenWRT
other than that i've try to use mikrotik - ddwrt and some other brand it nothing i can do, wds it won't works, that's why i'm a bit curious with sunkyu how he can bind with dlink + xi router with stock firmware, maybe he can share with us his network topology

Two wireless connection are existed. (Body and RC Controller, RC controller and Mobile Device). Sometimes, the wireless connection is unstable data transfer rate between RC and mobile device. It also make signal lost. So, I thought the more stable connection between RC controller and Mobile Device.
I did work.!!! But, it is very limited solution. Nvidia shield tablet supports external usb wired lancard by otg. The other mobile devices didn't supported it. So, I forgived to use this kinds of connection because it is not common cases. I don't need to explain how to set repeater mode. Please refer AP product manual.
P3S-C.jpg

I tried this mode too with Xiaomi Nano router ,but extended only maximum 100 m I think about that to add to copter maybe itt will be better

wow awesome job you have done
my idea to build this repeater is about how can we makes our phantom flew arround the city while we controlled at living room not at roof top at the house
its cold and its windy :(
i want to flew phantom with relax sit on sofa drink cofee and see video feeds at my 60" tv screen, oh thats awesome :)

but i think with no clue for howto expand RC signal (5.8ghz) that will be hard to do
it become useless we can expand 2.4ghz without 5.8ghz
connection still disconnected when rc lost with the ac
even 2.4ghz still have a strong signal :(

in other word i'm still have to flew phantom at roof top because still can't repeater the rc 5.8ghz signal, yes it can be done with long RG cable from the roof to living room but what a mess :lol

does this do what you want to do?
REDbird - 5.8ghz RC Repeater for DJI P2V+ - PLEASE RE-WATCH BERRYs DEMO VIDEO

Two wireless connection are existed. (Body and RC Controller, RC controller and Mobile Device). Sometimes, the wireless connection is unstable data transfer rate between RC and mobile device. It also make signal lost. So, I thought the more stable connection between RC controller and Mobile Device.
I did work.!!! But, it is very limited solution. Nvidia shield tablet supports external usb wired lancard by otg. The other mobile devices didn't supported it. So, I forgived to use this kinds of connection because it is not common cases. I don't need to explain how to set repeater mode. Please refer AP product manual.
View attachment 63346

oh it is not the same, you just using xi router plus ethernet usb to replacing network between rc to the phone
you not wrong but just a bit different with my topology :)
but still i admire your clean mod, so perfect!!
and actually your job give me another clue for cloning dji lightbridge
Cloning Lightbridge Technology Into P3S !!
tq sunkyu!

I tried this mode too with Xiaomi Nano router ,but extended only maximum 100 m I think about that to add to copter maybe itt will be better

yes like i mention above, its different..in my topology xi router act like AP (replacing RC) not for replacing link from rc to phones, of course it wont get better :)

yesss!! thats it!!
but second though no need boost my 5.8ghz anymore
for long range i just need realtime video feeds
for flight route i prefer using autonomous pilot (waypoint)

oke guys this is my maiden flight report so far

1. RC txpower down to 17dBm enough to prevent noise because no need a lot of power on rc anymore
2. AC txpower up to 25dBm
3. RC with stock 2.4ghz antenna + patch 5.8ghz 11dBi
4. Repeater use 2.4ghz 9dBi omni + 2.4ghz 11 dBi patch
5. Repeater powered by 2s (8.4v) low for reqirement the router need 12volt
6. test on urban area with a lot of interference
7. many high building and BTS tower

result:
1. only get 1.5km it because RC signal knock out but signal 2.4ghz never lost still full
2. battery router 10 minutes running drop into 7.6volt (3.80/cell)

conclution:
are you guys kidding me? its working !!!
next project extend my 5.8ghz!!

note for point 5 i'm using 2s battery only 3x2cm not with generator :)

max range before RC 5.8ghz knock out
View attachment 63075

equipment, RC with 2.4ghz stock antenna + 11 dBi patch antenna for 5.8ghz
View attachment 63076
Hi. I'm new for this, do you have any instructions available for this. Step to step? I'd like to build one my self.

edited!

not cons but i mean pros
so embarrassed, english is not my mother language :)

another pros
its compatible with all dji phantom firmware! no need updagrade / downgrade
leave it as what is was

note again!
its all about 2.4ghz for phantom video feeds, not for extend rc (5.8ghz)

good luck

For easy way just create client from the router, and connected into phantom ssid, after connected then ADD again with Access Point (WDS) from the router, that OpenWRT call it REPEATER MODE, but why i'm not doing that easy way because router need to connected into RC 1st before broadcast for repeater mode active
if i'm doing that i can't show you all devices bind together into router, because all devices is on RC range makes all devices prefer to connected into RC rather then into ROUTER, but if the AC lost connection with the RC it begin connection into router (repeater)

#3 Repeater PART 2 without connecting a single cable
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Do you have some step to step instructions for this?

Do you have some step to step instructions for this?
Sorry but the member you quoted hasn't been on in over a year and this thread was last posted in Sept. of 16.
Welcome to the forum.?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.