Budget camera

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum and the world of flying a drone. Had a small drone from syma to get started but just bought a phantom 1. Was looking at wifi cameras and seen a few cheaper ones on ebay. Just wondering if anyone knows the range. Thanks

The phantom 1 operates on the same frequency as wifi cameras such as the GoPro. Using the wifi connection on your camera can interrupt your rc signal, which can make it crash.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any good fpv system uses digital transmission instead of the cameras wifi system, due to wifis short range and lag. People will buy a video transmitter and receiver, and then plug it in to the cameras video output.

Well if you want sport/racing FPV, then you could use a phantom, but it would be better to use a racing quad, like the blade 200qx, hisky hmx280, eachine racer 250, or rclogger eye one xtreme. All of these would require a separate camera and transmission system. The walkera runner 250 is the only completely ready to fly fpv sport kit that I know of, but reviewers didn't like it that much. If you want to get into aerial photography, then the phantom 3 is probably your best bet. Other options for ariel photography include the blade chroma, blade 350qx ap edition, yuneec q500, ghost drone, etc. However, if you are completely new to the hobby, get a syma x5c or similar product to figure out what you want. Because there is no perfect UAV/drone for everything. It depends on how you will use it.

Update: Since I researched the eachine racer 250 a few months ago, they have released a complete RTF package. If you want to get into racing/fpv, this would be my recommendation.

Ive just bought a phantom 1. I had the syma xc5 to get used to the controls. Thats why i bought the phantom 1. But i want to fit a camera onto the drone. So that i can actually see what i record. If that makes sense?

But do you want to do sport fpv or take usable pictures and videos? Because the equipment for each is different. Sorry I haven't been able to help so far.

I want to take useable pictures and videos. Sorry im not being very clear on what i want

It's ok! So if you want to do photography with your phantom 1 I would recommend buying a gimbal and attaching it, then a GoPro. If you want first person view you will have to get a separate transmission set.

Cheap gimbal:
Andoer RTF Gopro Hero3 Brushless Gimbal Camera Mount for DJI Phantom Walkera Qr X350 Amazon.com: Andoer RTF Gopro Hero3 Brushless Gimbal Camera Mount for DJI Phantom Walkera Qr X350: Toys & Games

Better gimbal:
DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for Phantom 2 Amazon.com: DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for Phantom 2: Camera & Photo

FPV set(couldn't find on that hooks up to GoPro. That's on you, but this is the sort of thing you're looking for):
Fat Shark FATSHARK Predator V2 FPV RTF Headset System Video Goggle GLASS CAMERA Amazon.com: Fat Shark FATSHARK Predator V2 FPV RTF Headset System Video Goggle GLASS CAMERA: Electronics

The alternative to all these extras is to buy something like the phantom 3 standard, which can do all this and more for 700$

Dji lowered prices on the p3 standard and p3 advanced today. At this point, I would HIGHLY recommend the p3 as it will cost the same or less as setting up your p1 with a camera and fpv.

------------------------------------
The Phantom was named well. One moment it's there, the next you'll never see it again.

The Phantom 1 is usually a 2.4 ghz unit but they did make a 5.8 model. If your Phantom 1 is a 5.8 ghz model as mine is, you can put a 2.4ghz wifi GoPro (or cheap compatible) on it safely (connect to your wifi enabled tablet or phone) but the range of FPV is only about 300 ft or so.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Under the remote on sticker under Specification, you will see Operating Frequency 5.728 - 5.85ghz

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi im new to this forum and the world of flying a drone. Had a small drone from syma to get started but just bought a phantom 1. Was looking at wifi cameras and seen a few cheaper ones on ebay. Just wondering if anyone knows the range. Thanks
Try to take a look here - here you have all solutions for your drone FPV System,Buy FPV RC Acessories&Parts at Banggood

scottyg90 :

How much did you get your Phantom 1 for? I would recommend returning/selling it if you can and picking up a P3 Standard (only $500 right now!). It'll be cheaper than a GoPro and decent gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20