BTU...

Reaction score
So let me get this straight... The BTU add on DOES NOT WORK with a phantom 2... am I correct in saying that you need EITHER a ground station or a naza m?

I should have an Iosd coming to me soon... Will the BTU work through that? Or did I just waste 50$?

Any suggestions to get the functionality?

S4boost said:
So let me get this straight... The BTU add on DOES NOT WORK with a phantom 2... am I correct in saying that you need EITHER a ground station or a naza m?

I should have an Iosd coming to me soon... Will the BTU work through that? Or did I just waste 50$?

I believe you've been mistaken. The BTU module works with the Naza V2. That means it also works with the P2. If you hook it up to the can bus port you can make modifications on the field to gains from your phone over BT

andersonpaac said:
S4boost said:

I believe you've been mistaken. The BTU module works with the Naza V2. That means it also works with the P2. If you hook it up to the can bus port you can make modifications on the field to gains from your phone over BT

Everything I've read so far days that it does not work via the can bus on the P2. The error im having is that it's requesting a firmware update, but the p2 assistant software doesn't recognize the BTU. Can someone verify this?

S4boost said:
Everything I've read so far days that it does not work via the can bus on the P2. The error im having is that it's requesting a firmware update, but the p2 assistant software doesn't recognize the BTU. Can someone verify this?

Yep, same problem. Last I read it wasn't compatible with the Phantom, and you'll need the groundstation. Really stupid...

S4boost said:
andersonpaac said:
S4boost said:

Here's the deal: the Naza in the Phantom 2 is not the same as the Naza-M V2. The BTU works with the Naza-M V2 allowing you to make changes through the bluetooth. This function does not work on the Phantom 2 because it's a different Naza. So, yes, you wasted $50 on the BTU if you have a Phantom 2. The only reason you'll use the BTU with your Phantom 2 is to connect an iPad to a Ground Station. Unless you plan to use GS, your BTU is worthless with your set up. You're better off returning the BTU and buying the GS package that comes with the BTU.

The difference between the NAZAs is mostly a matter of firmware. If DJI decides that the P2's NAZA shouldn't work with the BTU, you are stuck. If they change their minds later, and modify the firmware, you'll be set. But you are at their mercy.

CityZen said:
The difference between the NAZAs is mostly a matter of firmware. If DJI decides that the P2's NAZA shouldn't work with the BTU, you are stuck. If they change their minds later, and modify the firmware, you'll be set. But you are at their mercy.

So according to this, I need to make a phone call... Got it.

uh - what's the BTU add-on?

BTU = BlueTooth Unit. Lets you adjust various parameters of the quad from your mobile device.

If you buy the iPad ground station it comes with the BTU. ive not seen any discussion of making the BTU work directly connected to the P2. I kept mine as a backup to the one included in the ground station.

Must admit I got the BTU to work once and only once using it and the NAZA-M assistant. I was getting upset it didn't work and somehow found a magic sequence, but could not repeat it.

So currently they are not programmed to work together.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj