Brush with the law tonight, they were well impressed.

Reaction score
Just home from flying somewhere I really shouldn't have and got pulled over by 2 cops. Very cool guys and they were amazed. They couldnt understand how they couldn't just pull out a phantom from the boot of the car versus €2000 before the police helicopter takes off 2 hours after they call an incident in. Pics and video to follow in the next hour :)

My thoughts exactly. There was an apparent break-in couple years ago at the warehouse in front of my house and all the cops could do is yell through the speakers since the place was locked down (and apparently the dude jumped over) and close to an hour later the helicopter came in and I bet the guy was long gone.

Of course a UAV wouldn't probably work on a speed chase (because of speed and life span), but I think it would be great for quick recon. But of course I don't think it'll be happening anytime soon, mainly because politics is politics. :lol:

It's also not going to ever happen the way you describe because the police departments don't want to face the liability of crashing their phantoms left and right into property and people. Do you really think cops are going to get their Phantom out, boot it up, calibrate it, and fly ATTI, hopefully without loosing signal around a tree? :mrgreen:

happydays said:
Bet the Gardai will get in trouble for that one...

Few brown envelopes required to get out of that one!
I'm in the process of blurring out their faces just in case. Dont want them getting into trouble, they were pretty cool about it.

Good for you Mal. It's really good to see our hobby (obsession in my case) positively publicised! Very brave and daring footage by the way, from somebody still a bit scared to risk flying over the ponds.

Its hard to tell if I actually went down. Dont think I did, lost control sgnal and as you can see I cleared the top by what looks like a few inches, the prop wash wobbled her about a bit.

Your tilt seems really smooth. What gimble are you using?

I agree with others... balls of steel. There was no recovering from that one had your prop tapped the wall.

One of the cops emailed me earlier and asked very politely if I could take down the video of them becase they would have got in trouble because they werent wearing their hats or ties. I gladly obliged.

Really nice videos, and so smooth. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4