Broken RC controller... no idea what to do

Reaction score
My RC antena isn't broken off but as you can see it isn't attached anymore...
I'm afraid to fly it because it says "poor RC signal" and I can't seem to get it to get a good signal. Should I open it up and super glue it? I looked online to see if I could buy a new controller but are they not sold separately? I have no idea what to do

Attachments

• IMG_0956.JPG
    IMG_0956.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 404
just buy a dbs mod for it all will be good plus a lot more distance

if you still get a good signal when you hold it in place and point it the right way gluing it would be fine. if not you need to open up the rc. i would consider getting a new pigtail cable to put inside the remote with a screw on end and then you can just use a 6 db or larger antenna on it. or get a dbs mod.

I had to replace my controller as well. All I can say is good luck. Finally found a used one out of Idaho!

Sent from Ron's iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

if you still get a good signal when you hold it in place and point it the right way gluing it would be fine. if not you need to open up the rc. i would consider getting a new pigtail cable to put inside the remote with a screw on end and then you can just use a 6 db or larger antenna on it. or get a dbs mod.
is it hard to install myself? I don't know how to go about it. I'm new to drones

I had to replace my controller as well. All I can say is good luck. Finally found a used one out of Idaho!

So I can use another controller for my drone? Since they don't see them I was under the impression each drone has a specific controller?

So I can use another controller for my drone? Since they don't see them I was under the impression each drone has a specific controller?
Yes as long as it's the same make and model you can link them up together. If your in SC I could help you hook up a mod

you can buy a new RC for sure but honestly if you just repaired it it would be much cheaper.

I live in LA. Thanks for the offer though I wish I could take you up on that. I don't even know what a mod is

A mod is basically a antenna that you would hook up yourself. If you were to get a good one it would increase your distance and wifi signal

you can buy a new RC for sure but honestly if you just repaired it it would be much cheaper.
How do I go about repairing it? Sorry I just have no idea where to start. If you could recommend a youtube video or something I'd really appreciate it.

How do I go about repairing it? Sorry I just have no idea where to start. If you could recommend a youtube video or something I'd really appreciate it.
off hand just find a youtube video showing how to install a dbs antenna and you will see what im talking about with the pigtail connectors im not sure what they are called.... you will see whats involved with plugging in a new cable on the rc but in place of the dbs antenna you could just use a cheap 6-9 dbi router antenna that you could order off of ebay. some other people here may have specific suggestions but as long as you get the right pigtail connector for the inside of the rc its pretty easy.

I dropped my RC and broke the antenna
. I shipped it to DJI for repair. They had it back to me in less than 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are many posts about broken antenna's. It looks like it is a very delicate part of the RC.
Mine broke also. You can push it back in the hole and use some two component glue to fix it.
If you keep rotating during the curing of the glue, the antenna remains rotate-able and fold-able.
You can get better access if you remove the shiny transparent plate. You can glue it back afterwards.
Good luck!

I dropped my RC and broke the antenna
. I shipped it to DJI for repair. They had it back to me in less than 2 weeks.

How much did you have to pay?

DJI charged me $66.00. Being a newbie,
I was reluctant to attempt a repair of the
RC's antenna . The bird is flying great after the repair. Sorry for your misfortune. I know exactly how you feel.

Reactions: rene van der meer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4