Broken Props - What to do?

Reaction score
Hi Guys

After a few months of flying, I appear to have collected more than my fair share of broken props (mainly trees that unexpectedly jump out of the earth :eek: , or the ground suddenly appearing a meter too early :oops: ); does anyone have any good ideas on how to re-purpose/recycle these broken props?

I'm off to practice landing and to formulate a tree avoidance/evasion policy. :cool:

Many Thanks

dp

Seriously ? Get some prop guards for now.
You can't recycle broken props ! And learn to fly slowly first.

Having had to do some major change-outs I've cut down a set to about 2 inches for bench testing. It helps make sure everything is working as it should without enough lift to fly around.

Waterborne said:
How about some fishing line and make a mobile out of them!

:lol:
Paint them black, place under your nose, and "Hey Presto" a comedy moustache :lol:

Silent wind chimes? :?:

Cut 4 of them down and use them as thread protectors when it's in the case.

xgeek said:
Cut 4 of them down and use them as thread protectors when it's in the case.

Now I know what to do with my F$%&* XOXOXO props... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

deepheat said:
Hi Guys

After a few months of flying, I appear to have collected more than my fair share of broken props (mainly trees that unexpectedly jump out of the earth :eek: , or the ground suddenly appearing a meter too early :oops: ); does anyone have any good ideas on how to re-purpose/recycle these broken props?

I'm off to practice landing and to formulate a tree avoidance/evasion policy. :cool:

Many Thanks

dp

Turn them in for a full refund at dji.com....just tell them they broke while you were crashing.

Reactions: Sky Born Visual
I got some fancy genuine DJI red tipped props today and cut the end off one opening the bag .....DOH :oops:

Don't say cut the others to match ....

Reactions: Sky Born Visual
I also have props to repurpose. They have flown a solid 6 months and have a couple of rough edges...leaves, random (for real) bird attacks!! And I’m In love with the trees jumping out of the ground and the earth appearing a meter too soon! Funny. And the wind chime idea! And the mustache idea! Drone pilots are a funny quirky bunch eh? I think my fave is the thread protectors. I like that. Make little hats for the rotors....good one! Ill post a pic. bet you can’t wait.....

Hi Guys

Many Thanks

dp
I also have props to repurpose. They have flown a solid 6 months and have a couple of rough edges...leaves, random (for real) bird attacks!! And I’m In love with the trees jumping out of the ground and the earth appearing a meter too soon! Funny. And the wind chime idea! And the mustache idea! Drone pilots are a funny quirky bunch eh? I think my fave is the thread protectors. I like that. Make little hats for the rotors....good one! Ill post a pic. bet you can’t wait.....what do you end up doing DeepHeat?

I use to stir paint .... apply filler to foam models etc .... glue sandpaper to a blade and its a magic sanding item for curves . nooks ... I even use a blade as a small 'shovel' to add filler powder to water ... plant pot markers ...

Nigel

IMG_4571.jpg

I have something similar to this with old props on the wall. I’ll see if I can get a pic when I get home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.