Broken props and a hole my my home's siding

Reaction score
So I had a 19 panel 5.4kw solar array installed today and fired up the drone to help the company get some shots of the installation. Just to get the idea across I've got 81 flights and 7.5hrs in the air, and the only crash was when the dog attacked my P3S so unless my logs show otherwise the following event was something I believed to be just about impossible.

I noticed the bird wasn't holding position like it normally would, which my father was putting down to wind. I flew 2 days ago in MUCH worse wind that the little breezy bursts we were getting today. I should have brought her down and recalibrated immediately but I kept it up seeing if it's "station keeping" would improve. As I brought it around the front of the house to bring it down it drifted towards the front of the house.. I was completely aware the the bird was facing me, and pushed left on my right stick to correct it away from the house but it didn't seem to work, and she kept drifting until SMACK. The blades hit the siding and down she went. Thankfully i'm only out a set of props and after a recalibration all seems ok. The first flight up after replacing the props it was listing to the left, but recal. fixed that.

I'm trying to get the txt flight logs for that flight but I only see the logs from 2 days ago in my android phone. Can I do anything to analyze the .dat files on the bird? Where else can I get the txt files from??? I want to verify that I didn't accidentally push it into the house. I'm fairly certain I didn't but without the txt logs I can't be positive.

Soo on reviewing the logs in the DJI APP that I synced there was a very slight right stick right followed by a major rt stick to the left. I MAY have downed the bird by my own hand. I still maintain that despite having good sat lock the bird was NOT holding its position worth a darn. It was bobbing up and down and slewing around a couple feet or so every 10 - 15 seconds. Really not sure what's up with her. I flew last sunday in horrible conditions wind wise and it was doing quite well despite the wind.... To be continued.

I will add that despite the crash from 10ft up and against the house, the bird is fine. Gimble feels good and smooth. Only some vegetation stains from the $1000 weedwacking it performed when it landed in the bushes. Tough little bugger!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl