Broken Prop

Reaction score
New to forum. Messed up my first attempt to do this.

Went flying today with my P3s, temps in 50 s, ground snow covered, windy with some strong gusts. After flying around awhile, with some aggressive maneuvering because of the wind gusts I was coming in for landing. I was about five foot high and 10 out when the Phantom started shaking and moving about, I attributed it to the wind and slower speed. It responded to all inputs but at about one foot above ground it just landed or should I say fell straight down on its landing gear, it did not tip over nor did props strike the pavement. As soon as it touched the ground I noticed a small white piece of plastic fly about three feet from the Phantom., which my grandson pointed out came from tip of one of the propellers.

I have had this Phantom for approx 9 months during which time the props, which are the originals, have never struck or hit anything. I also remove props after every flying session. I have painted prop guards attached, which are disadvantage in wind, but are used to help my old eyes see orientation . I have since replaced all four props and will now spend a little extra time inspecting. Just curious if anyone has any ideas or theories on why this might happen. I guess I should be thankful it happened at end of my flight.

That prop may have hit the body of the drone on landing. They are flexible and bounce or bend upon a hard landing. Check for a scuff mark on that arm of the Phantom.

Thanks for reply..Checked arms, no marks but knowing of that possibility gives me feeling of confidence while flying, that props don’t just break without reason.

You've dont better than me!! I've had my P3S for about two weeks now and broke 4 props total.. they hit the body and flex a lot. Mine also hit my leg.. and my prop guard (irony). They certainly don't brake all Willy-nilly but it's a little annoying. But it's the price of learning for sure

Attachments

• IMG_2246.JPG
    IMG_2246.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 235

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31