Broken Phantom 3 Professional Antenna

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Long story short I'm an idiot and snapped one of my DJI Phantom 3 Pro's antennas in half. This is 1 of the 2 antennas on the controller.
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on 3rd party antennas that I could install. I mostly see stuff for Phantom 3 Standard.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: masked
I think those antennas in the first link requires the mod providing SMA connector in the rear that you'd connect an extender antenna.

Bummer.... have you looked at these?
Dual Band 2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz 5dBi Antennas (Pair)

But there's a silver lining too.. use it as an excuse to mod the controller. Maybe use any RP-SMA compatible screw on antenna. You'll get better range and more options like this....
Amazon.com: BlueProton DJI Phantom 4 & 3 Advanced/Professional WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit by ARGtek: Camera & Photo
Thank you for your reply. In regards to your second link, have you tried these? I know I'm not in a position to be choosey but the reviews seem a little unstable.

Question... Isnt one side 2.4ghz and the other 5.8ghz? I read here SOMEWHERE that they are different. Anyone hear this?

Speaking with DJI they do not release antennas (aerials) for sale. They say to return RC to your repair agent!

Just wanted to let everyone know. I fixed mine! Its easy!
Don’t pay to these shop $100+ fort this very simple replacement.

Flew to 14,000 feet and back which was the farthest i ever went!
Before i was getting about 4-5k before weak transmission would pop up.
Today i flew to 10k at 40ft alt, weak signal appeared. Stopped, went up to 160 ft and flew to 14,200 ft with no issues until weak signal appeared.
I think if i went higher to 200ft or above, POSSIBLY i would have flown a little further, but didn’t want to risk it, since i saw a low flying aircraft at the beach and did not want to have a chance of an accident so i stayed well below 200.

I’m super happy, did it alp myself, was easy as a cake and replaced with OEM 2.4 ghz antenna from inspire one, got it from ebay shipped from hong kong for $10 shipped and it arrived quickly as well!

Bringing this thread back....

question.. How do you know which one to order? A or B?
Looks like "A" has 2 cables coming from it and "B" has just 1. Order the one you need.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 337
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 268
14,000 feet????
Is there no limit on height in the US? Here in the UK we are limited to 400feet!!!

10K range - that is AMAZING! I get nervous once it get out of sight!!

BLIMEY!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31