Broken p3s remote.

Reaction score
I was out flying and I dropped my remote. The antenna fell off and the wire inside came loose. I noticed that the aircraft still flies with no problem. But my distance sucks now. 300 feet and lost signal. Any place to repair this. Can it be soldered back. Best place to repair? I order another but it will take some days. Bummed out totally as this remote blows when trying to out cover on it. I will just use my tablet on a tripod for now on. No more mounting my phone in the thing. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sounds like the time to upgrade your antenna. You've already covered the part where you remove the old one...sorry about your loss. Upgrade! You'll be glad you did.

Yes. Fpvlr.com

I contacted fplvr. They wanted $154 for long distance kit. I hope they don't want another $99 to install. I mean I would think they would install after paying the 154. I will call them later as im in Florida. This would be awesome. Thank you for recommendation.

Yes. This is for the standard. I just called the guy doing the mod.

Reactions: RZR_Jim
Gives us all hope. I'm not looking for that distance, I just want to keep my signal strong throughout flight for confidence.

I'm not sure the batterie can hold up for such a long flight. Especially over water where I am. I guess it will always have to be fully charged for say a 7 mile round trip.

True. I don't really know. But according to tech that is about right. Depends on interference. Surrounding structures and other variables I guess. But even 15.000 feet is fine. More than enough. I did see video of guy going 17kplus feet before return to home activated.

There is a simple way for OP to eliminate doubt surrounding his "accomplishment" but for some inexplicable reason he chooses to withhold the flight log. Go figure...

I apologize for hijacking thread, flew yesterday and afterwards plugged phone into computer to grab log to upload to healthydrones.com and there was nothing there? I have previously grabbed several flight reports....what's up? Anyway to find/recover?

Even if your phone doesn't have the flight log it is on the aircraft. Connect aircraft to app, put it in log mode, plug aircraft into computer and ALL of the logs are there.

I apologize for hijacking thread, flew yesterday and afterwards plugged phone into computer to grab log to upload to healthydrones.com and there was nothing there? I have previously grabbed several flight reports....what's up? Anyway to find/recover?

Wow. I had no idea this would be a hot topic. Even not double. I thought the max range was 1km not 1 mile. Even at 3.5 miles I would be ecstatic. 2.5 as well. Are we saying with stick equipment I would get 2.5? So we are testing over water. This scares me to death. I am in Tampa bay and surely have enough ocean and bay to test in. I appreciate all the input from everyone. So there is another place that does these mods? What is the name of the website so I can check. Thanks all.

Im in the same boat as the OP. I broke the antennae off mine. I'm looking at getting a new antennae. DBS or FPVLR, which is better? Not necessarily looking for super long range. Currently I get kicked into RTH mode @ 250 meters on my standard.

Also, could I attach an antennae from a wifi router in the mean time?
Shipping is expensive :(

I prefer the FPVLR. Others like the DBS. It's pretty clear both are preferred over stock. You can't go wrong with FPVLR if you can handle the bulky nature of the antenna itself. I believe it's worth it.

Reactions: Cen
I prefer the FPVLR. Others like the DBS. It's pretty clear both are preferred over stock. You can't go wrong with FPVLR if you can handle the bulky nature of the antenna itself. I believe it's worth it.
Does it fit in the DJI case attached? (With some chopping)
Easy to un-attach?

Does it fit in the DJI case attached? (With some chopping)
Easy to un-attach?
Easy to remove, reinstall. It's big! I had to hack some of the foam outta my new case to make it fit and it barely does. The DBS fits better into a bag, if that's what you deem more important than performance. For many, the size is a deal breaker.

Look up "Windsurfer for Phantom" cheap, easy install, worth 200 more meters...check YouTube. ...
I have two different models coming in to test out....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31