Broken Outer Antenna Stick in Controller in Phantom 3 Standard- HELP and GUIDE ME THRU

Reaction score
So I had broken the outer antenna in the controller of my P3 standard so I wanted to do this repair myself without having to upgrade to a longer range antenna.

I have already read other threads where people are not recommending to buy Buy Phantom 3 - Receiver Antenna 5.8G (Sta) | DJI Store because it is the wrong one even though that is the antenna I need.

I then read other threads where you can buy a UF to RFA cable and also a 5.8Ghz WiFi antenna and this would solve the issue.

So can I just simply buy this UF to RFA cable 8" and also a 5.8Ghz Wifi antenna so that I am all set? This is under $10 solution as opposed to spending hundreds of dollars on a seemingly simple repair.

Also these WiFi antennas have various dBi's which I am not familiar with. 2 6 , 7 , 9 dBi. Does it matter which one to buy? Please explain.

Problem solved.

Attachments

• IMG_3819.JPG
    IMG_3819.JPG
    713.1 KB · Views: 2,209
Dear alshansis will you please explain in detail how to connect the new antenna ?

thanks i broke my antena also and need to do something like that soon.

best regards from bogota colombia

Dear alshansis will you please explain in detail how to connect the new antenna ?

thanks i broke my antena also and need to do something like that soon.

best regards from bogota colombia

You have to open up the remote. There are 3 antennas, 2 for 2.4ghz wifi, and 1 for 5.8 ghz which is the one you would have to replace. You have to scrape off the silicone with an x acto knife and that will allow you to take out the original broken antenna.b1NAGmh.jpg

Replace the connection with a U.FL to RP-SMA Female cable (U.FL to RP-SMA FEMALE LEAD 4" / 10cm). Close remote and attach external antenna.

I replaced all 3 antennas with the DBSMODS Antenna (Phantom 3 Standard solution | DBS Mods) and so far have been able to get over 10,000 feet.

One more question. For the antena can i use one from a router wifi extender that i already have? What did you use i mean brand or reference

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

One more question. For the antena can i use one from a router wifi extender that i already have? What did you use i mean brand or reference

I broke mine today...UGH how did this workout for you? Im looking on what I should do know. I dont know if I need the range to be so far but I like good signal. Also I want backpack or carrying case that I cab hike with.

Yes you can. As long as it is a 5.8Ghz antenna. Most of them will connect to the part you are buying.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Yes, IF the router is 5.8Ghz. But often wifi routers are 5.0Ghz, so it wouldn´t help your bird.

Hello to all,I have a DJI Phantom 3SE and my control antenna broke and the cable cut.What can i do do for this?Is the same with Phantom 3 standard or other frequency?

Well seeing as you have to open the controller to fix it why not purchase one of the antenna upgrades? Kits like ARGtek or ITELITE come with all the cables and parts you need. The ARGtek can be found for around $60 and it's 6 antennas give you options for omni directional and flat-panel. The ITELITE or 4hawks cost more but give more range. They are highly directional.

Well seeing as you have to open the controller to fix it why not purchase one of the antenna upgrades? Kits like ARGtek or ITELITE come with all the cables and parts you need. The ARGtek can be found for around $60 and it's 6 antennas give you options for omni directional and flat-panel. The ITELITE or 4hawks cost more but give more range. They are highly directional.
It' s a little expensive for me at this time.I want a cheaper solution.Did you know any other antenna douple or triple until 25euro?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik