Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Broken Outer Antenna Stick in Controller in Phantom 3 Standard- HELP and GUIDE ME THRU

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by alshansis, Dec 14, 2015.

1. alshansis

So I had broken the outer antenna in the controller of my P3 standard so I wanted to do this repair myself without having to upgrade to a longer range antenna.

I have already read other threads where people are not recommending to buy Buy Phantom 3 - Receiver Antenna 5.8G (Sta) | DJI Store because it is the wrong one even though that is the antenna I need.

I then read other threads where you can buy a UF to RFA cable and also a 5.8Ghz WiFi antenna and this would solve the issue.

So can I just simply buy this UF to RFA cable 8" and also a 5.8Ghz Wifi antenna so that I am all set? This is under $10 solution as opposed to spending hundreds of dollars on a seemingly simple repair.

Also these WiFi antennas have various dBi's which I am not familiar with. 2 6 , 7 , 9 dBi. Does it matter which one to buy? Please explain.

2. Jack Hurlbut

Can you post a picture of your antenna?

3. Karol

The same happened to me...have you already fixed yours?

4. alshansis

It is the outer antenna of the controller of my Phantom 3 Standard. I don't think you need pictures. It is broken apart.

5. alshansis

I am waiting for the parts to see if I actually fixed it. I'm hoping it does.

6. alshansis

Problem solved.

Attached Files:

7. ticorecords

Dear alshansis will you please explain in detail how to connect the new antenna ?

thanks i broke my antena also and need to do something like that soon.

best regards from bogota colombia

8. Jay H

You have to open up the remote. There are 3 antennas, 2 for 2.4ghz wifi, and 1 for 5.8 ghz which is the one you would have to replace. You have to scrape off the silicone with an x acto knife and that will allow you to take out the original broken antenna. b1NAGmh.jpg

Replace the connection with a U.FL to RP-SMA Female cable (U.FL to RP-SMA FEMALE LEAD 4" / 10cm). Close remote and attach external antenna.

I replaced all 3 antennas with the DBSMODS Antenna (Phantom 3 Standard solution | DBS Mods) and so far have been able to get over 10,000 feet.

9. ticorecords

Thanks a lot i will get the stuff and i ill do it

Happy new year

10. ticorecords

One more question. For the antena can i use one from a router wifi extender that i already have? What did you use i mean brand or reference

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

11. prendy35

I broke mine today...UGH how did this workout for you? Im looking on what I should do know. I dont know if I need the range to be so far but I like good signal. Also I want backpack or carrying case that I cab hike with.

12. mcphipps

Yes you can. As long as it is a 5.8Ghz antenna. Most of them will connect to the part you are buying.

Squirrel! likes this.
  13. Rodolfo Vaz

Yes, IF the router is 5.8Ghz. But often wifi routers are 5.0Ghz, so it wouldn´t help your bird.